• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennis and the Economy...

?
    Last edited by don_budge; 04-21-2011, 11:43 AM. Reason: for clarity's sake
    don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

The economic situation in the UK is having no bearing either my club or my volume of coaching. Tennis in the UK is remarkably cheap unless a child is training on a performance level, which involves extensive training.

It's £50 ($80) for a junior annual membership where I teach. Adults pay £200 ($320) So it doesn't break the bank. I charge reasonable prices for lesson too. For players at club level it's great value here in the UK.

Tennis is a drug, too. Some people just need it whatever the cost
    Stotty

Comment

Situation is unchanged in Switzerland. Our club (TC Lido Lugano) dedicates 5 courts two times a week for about 4 hours to promote juniors.

http://www.tclido.ch/

Only problem, in my opinion, is the lack of motivation (and level of competence) of the tennis instructors. This holds true for most of the tennis clubs here that I am aware of.

They don't use video cameras, don't get up-to-date via the internet from sites like these.

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post

Only problem, in my opinion, is the lack of motivation (and level of competence) of the tennis instructors. This holds true for most of the tennis clubs here that I am aware of.

They don't use video cameras, don't get up-to-date via the internet from sites like these.
        How true that is, pretty much wherever you go!
        Stotty

Comment

My junior and adult lessons are up about 12% for the last year. I am in California.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2985 users online. 7 members and 2978 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X