Ron Yu's comments on VS team gut.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Yu's comments on VS team gut.

"VS Team has not only come in 17 gauge(1.25mm). It has come in a variety of gauges. In our office we have packages of 1.22, 1.25, 1.27, 1.30, 1.35, and 1.40 gauges of VS Team."

"Originally, VS Team was the designation Babolat used for gut that was earmarked for top juniors and professional players. It would come in a more nondescript white foil packaging. It was the same stuff as the consumer product, but just packaged differently with the term "Team" lasered on the string. I'm not sure exactly why they made this distinction, but it may be due to them wanting to make sure that gut earmarked for pro players didn't ultimately get sold somehow to the general public. Since pros used to get pretty significant discount on gut, Babolat may have been worried that some of it would be sold for a profit by someone else. After a while, Babolat changed VS Team packaging to basically look exactly the same as the retail packaging except in the place of the terms "Power" or "Touch", they would use "Team." VS Power was the retail name for 1.25mm and VS Touch for 1.30."

"I'll have to check, but I believe we still get 1.30mm gut from Babolat for a couple of our Gold Service clients that say "VS Team." I do know that for a while I found it interesting that Lleyton Hewitt got gut labeled "VS Touch", but Marcos Baghdatis was getting gut labeled "VS Team" even though they were exactly the same stuff."

"I would not be at all surprised if they made "VS Team" gut a variety of string gauges still. Its not hard to change the lasering on the string, and the slight change in packaging."

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2535 users online. 3 members and 2532 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X