No announcement yet.

About statements of John Yandell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems to me you Americans are a little like the Brits: The grass is always greener on the other side.

We've had mini tennis here for years and nothing great has come of it as yet.

Stop looking to Europe, who have clay courts and whereas you don't. You've had the most brilliant players over the years. You''ll have them again.
    Stotty

Comment

The green, green grass of home

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
      It seems to me you Americans are a little like the Brits: The grass is always greener on the other side.

We've had mini tennis here for years and nothing great has come of it as yet.

Stop looking to Europe, who have clay courts and whereas you don't. You've had the most brilliant players over the years. You''ll have them again.
      Actually, Stotty, I was born in China and grew up in Honolulu until I was almost 11, but...

what I was actually referring to was my hypothetical player knowing how to hit the wide forehand with an open stance

...and I hope you are right that we will have them again and I'm sure we will have some, but I think great players are going to have to come from areas where kids are used to getting outside and playing all day, even if it's on a soccer pitch, instead of developing Repetitive Stress Disorders of their thumbs from playing video games and social networking all day. It takes a work ethic that is really tough in any modern country, especially here. The players that do come up here are predominantly 1st and 2nd generation Americans from families with a "Tiger mother".

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2359 users online. 6 members and 2353 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X