No announcement yet.

"Champions aren't made in the gym."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like pit bulls now, even the good ones I look upon as a lost breed. My wife also hurt her hand, in that battle, and was refused medical coverage, when she disclosed the ligament injury. LIfe throws down lots of pit bull attacks. Jula still smiles and is happy, something that dogs are good at, accepting reality.

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
      Didn't I see you once in a Vegas cocktail lounge wearing golf shoes and covered in dinosaur blood?
      "I feel the same way about pushers, as I do about syphilis."

"There may be flies on you and me, but there are no flies on Federer/Nadal/Joker/etc."

"Never trust a referee in a rain coat."

"He wandered into a barbershop and asked for a hair cut. He wandered onto a court and asked for a victory, and neither once thought he might be turned down."

"The sound of music floats down a dark street. A young player looks out his window onto the street and wishes he was Nadal. His wish and the sound floats down to the freeway. A drunk sleeps under a dark overpass. Another subscriber joins tennisplayer.net, and reads my posts."

"No matter how much I wanted the strokes/tactics/in shapeness/mind I needed to win, there was some devilish current dragging me off to inconsistency, blasting, emotionality, and too much food and alcohol."

"You can teach an old dog new tricks with new treats, a perfect string job, and a pro frame."
      Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 05-08-2011, 07:53 AM.

Comment

I knew that was you Geoff by the stylish golf shoes. Hunter is looking down and approving your post.

Stotty I want to see that cat.

Comment

Ha, ha, ha. I'm the only one on here who can make you laugh! Here's a shot of some of my early luxilon string, when they included a purple O ring with every set.

purple O ring luxilon big banger
          Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 05-07-2011, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Bring on the Cat...

Ok Stotty...the moment has passed. Bring on your Feline Friend. Now it is about Geoff being Hunter Thompson. Anything goes!
            Last edited by don_budge; 05-08-2011, 12:16 AM.
            don_budge
            Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Ok...meet Ronaldo
              Attached Files
              Stotty

Comment

Comment

Ronaldo says "Very Funny"...
                  Stotty

Comment

a handsome lad

Comment

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
                      Ronaldo says "Very Funny"...
                      I think he said, "Very delicious.", not, "Very funny." Beautiful boy cat.

"I love to eat them mousies, I love to eat they feet. I love them mousies, to each his berry beat."

Comment

Champions are not...oh forget about it!

Originally posted by geoffwilliams View Post
                        "I feel the same way about pushers, as I do about syphilis."
                        I feel the same way about politicians as I do about syphilis. It's just too bad that they cannot be eliminated with an injection.

Pushers are a symptom, they are not the disease. Mere pawns. They are symptomatic of a much bigger problem. They are a product of ghetto economies, supply and demand for drugs in the suburbs and a completely useless, ineffective, hypocritical and corruption riddled drug policy. Come to think of it...politicians have their hands in all of these things too. Our fearless leaders.

Hunter Thompson you are not, btw. Don't quit the day job. This thread really got away from you...I thought you had something here for a moment. In the end it is too much to hope for. Oh well...champions, dog blood and dead mice.
                        Last edited by don_budge; 05-11-2011, 12:03 AM.
                        don_budge

Comment

Pushers have as much to do with the economy as you do.

Comment

Let's hope we can all hold it together better than Hunter.

Comment

There are "pushers" and then there are pushers...

Originally posted by geoffwilliams View Post
                              Pushers have as much to do with the economy as you do.
                              "Pushers"...oh, you meant guys who are pushing the ball back, those guys who keep the ball in play as their rule number one, two, three and four and don't give you the type of ball you prefer to play, waist high with good pace, thereby testing your patience. Pardon me for the misunderstanding. I couldn't understand how pushers could be equated with syphilis. Pushers can be a little irritating like something you have to scratch or itch, but hardly the ilk of syphilis...in my opinion. I admire them, pushers that is, in a way...for their patience. Afterall, patience is a virtue and there is so little virtue in the world today.

I stand behind the comments about politicians and the other type of pusher, though, and thank you for the opportunity to express them. Even if it was a misunderstanding.

Was it Johnny Depp who played Hunter Thompson in the movie that took place in Las Vegas?
                              Last edited by don_budge; 05-11-2011, 09:20 PM.
                              don_budge

Comment

Did you see Bill Murray as Hunter in an earlier version (my opinion way better)
                                called "Where the Buffalo Roam" ? Loved that one.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7931 users online. 3 members and 7928 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X