The Tennis Coach's Toolkit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tennis Coach's Toolkit

I very rarely post on the forum but this I definitely thought was worth sharing, particularly with the coaches on the site.

tennis coaching book, tennis e-book, tennis resource

The concepts and ideas that are on this material I've seen make a real deference to the delivery of coaching and the day to day aspects of coaching life but I'll let you all decide for yourselves.

It's a penance, to pay, for all who try. If you focus on groundstrokes only, your volley degrades. Serve only, your return degrades. No overheads, and you miss them in a match. No confidence training, and no belief in victory. Little attention to equipment, and it fails you. How do you balance all the items and still do the things you need to do? How do you get through to any given player those things they need?

Most lie to themselves, and say things, like, "I should have won that match.", when they lost 1 and 2!

Most lie and say, "My serve causes errors.", when they can't hit it 100 mph.

The truth is, they lie so they can stay where they are, without paying the price of improvement. They fool no one but themselves, lying thus.

Any good coach is a purveyor of truth, without offending, triggering insecurity, rebellion, anger, doubt, etc. Humility is best used to achieve the desired effect.
    Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 05-10-2011, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2462 users online. 7 members and 2455 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X