No announcement yet.

Djokovics equipment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are ignoring the fact that when you string the mains, they are not equally balanced, as you are always ahead on one side, while that is not so when doing just the crosses. Why is that? If more juniors were string experts, they would have more reliably controlled power, and not be at the mercy of their own hard hitting causing a disconnection in snap back grab.

Comment

I am not ignoring anything. As I said, I do not know. Because of that it is off the table for me. I may change my mind at some point.

Junior, or Players in general do not need to be experts. If a player feels aided by or in-tune with something they will keep it or discard it if not. Players should experiment occasionally with strings and equipment and see if there is something better. Juniors especially do not need any real expertise with string or equipment as they need to concentrate on their play and mentality.

If you have ever read or seen, heard an interview with pro racquet customizers you will note how simple and inarticulate their language is in regards to pro customization and stringing. They deal with players who react and analyze racquets, strings, etc by non concrete ideas of feeling so that is the language the customizers speak. The new article "Copoly Strings" has quotes by Nate F. which illustrates this point. Terms like "grabbiness" spring to mind.

-Shaun

Comment

That depends on how good the junior is, or can become.

Comment

Originally posted by geoffwilliams View Post
          That depends on how good the junior is, or can become.
          How so? What leads you to that conclusion?

-SF

Comment

To get the most out of your strings, you have to know a lot about the string and techniques of stringing. Or you just leave it to chance, which most do. Would a top junior violin player know nothing about strings? Or tuning them? Of course not. Although the analogy's not perfect, due to the sonic vibes, it has similarity. Snap back experts will tell you, if it's out of synch, the ball will not feel right. It's not all about strokes and mind. Snap back is not the only thing causing synch less string beds. String itself, matched to frames and playing styles, also count a large amount. It's the whole picture we are after here, not just a piece of it. Isn't that why we like this site?

Comment

"Snap back experts?" That's a new term for me. Is that anything like a Holla Back Girl?

-Shaun

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8645 users online. 7 members and 8638 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
              X