extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extension

I am having trouble finding a way to improve my extension through the ball. I have tried a new eastern finish but my forehand still goes into the net and does not have much pace. Any help?

You're having a tough time, were. Computers are pushing you around and so is your old-fashioned assumption that you ought to extend more through the ball. Probable result: You yourself are pushing rather than hitting.

I think we should assume that you are a very intelligent person. As such, you
    need to read an article that is over your head. Well, maybe it won't be over your head. It's certainly over mine. But I'm grateful for having read it. You'll find it in the current thread here called "Racquet snaps the wrist on serve..." Just click on the url that has the term "racquetindustry" in it.

The article is surrounded by sensible caution about the danger of paralysis by analysis. But go ahead, plunge in, start figuring out how to generate maximum racket head speed on forehands and serves now rather than years down the road.
    Last edited by bottle; 06-08-2011, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Extension is a misunderstood term. But certainly it is a key aspect of every good forehand. I am assuming you have worked thru the advanced tennis forehand article.
      But as I always say if a player says he is having trouble on one aspect of the stroke, the problem is probably traceable to other root causes. For example, if you aren't fully turned at the right time, you won't be able to extend.

Send us some video! Then we can see more clearly what is going on.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2914 users online. 3 members and 2911 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X