Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video not loading fully

The videos in advanced tennis section don't load fully

They do load fully and probably will for you. To maintain the quality of the video, the file sizes are somewhat larger than the inferior images you see on youtube for example, even the so called "high def" there.

So this can make them harder and slower to load for some people. This is a function of internet connection speed. If you don't have a super fast connection our stuff can get bogged down. I've had the problem, for example, at hotels when a lot of people are on a wireless network at the same time.

The good news is that internet speed varies day to day and hour to hour. So my advice would be to relax, come back a little later and see if you don't get a better result.

Comment

What happened to the bottom title bar that allowed you to freeze and slo mo each video clip yourself?

Comment

Still there!

Comment

It's not there for me anymore. Wonder why. Maybe the plug in changed. the new plug in does not work for the title bar at all.
          Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 06-17-2011, 04:45 PM.

Comment

ultra weird. try firefox...

Comment

Similar problem

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
              ultra weird. try firefox...
              I've been having a similar problem. And I am in Firefox. Perhaps something has changed. The pulldown memory to download the files is not responding.

don

Comment

I just tried it again in Firefox, IE, and Safari (mac) and all are showing the bar. Now you know obviously you have to click on one of the movies to the left or below to get it to load, correct?? So I know it's ok on the server.

Only other thought might be to update Quick Time.

Comment

very strange

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
                  I just tried it again in Firefox, IE, and Safari (mac) and all are showing the bar. Now you know obviously you have to click on one of the movies to the left or below to get it to load, correct?? So I know it's ok on the server.

Only other thought might be to update Quick Time.
                  I'm pretty well updated. So I closed down Firefox and tried going via Safari. And the pull down menu worked. So I came back to Firefox,but it still didn't work in Firefox.

Something for your tech guys to check out, John.

don

Comment

Got Jeff Counts looking into it. I can't duplicate it on my system. Anyone else having this problem??

Comment

Originally posted by geoffwilliams View Post
                      It's not there for me anymore. Wonder why. Maybe the plug in changed. the new plug in does not work for the title bar at all.
                      Geoff,

Could you do me a favor and email me a screen shot of what the page looks like? I can't recreate the problem on my end, so a screen shot would help me troubleshoot. Just hit the 'print screen' button and paste into a Word document or into an email and send to jco872@gmail.com.

Thanks.

Jeff

Comment

Sorry john but i also looked at the guga interview and it too only loads 20 seconds in to video. Any help?

Comment

This is a problem with the connection speed at your end unfortunately. As I explained with the level of resolution we have you need probably at least a 1 meg download speed. That's what I have at my house in the mountains (not too speedy) and I can see it fine. Try later because the speed does fluctuate over time.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8002 users online. 2 members and 8000 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                          X