Wimbledon 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wimbledon 2011

Funny, how most are now on the Federer bandwagon, and no longer talking about Djokovic... shucks, he has a one match losing streak, just like Federer and Nadal...

This will be an interesting Wimbledon...

Rafa won his first round match, had an easy draw...

Conor Niland in main draw against Adrian Mannarino tomorrow! Delighted for him. So proud. Such a hard worker, so dedicated and a really sound guy. Would love for him to win so he can play Federer on centre court! He was in tears after last qualifying match! So much hard work! And he'll take a 1-0 head to head into the match over the Swiss! :P Beat him u10 lol

Comment

Wet Wimbles

I am at Wimbledon tomorrow, but the forecast is wet. Won't worry me because I'm on centre court that now has a retractable roof.

If the wet weather persists there will an upset or two with the top players playing under the roof. Once the roof is on, moisture gets retained and the playing conditions become much heavier. It's a completely unknown playing experience for almost all the players and it's impossible to tell who it will suit.

Last year Wawrinka was brilliant under the roof...Murray was awful.
      Stotty

Comment

Lucky you!

Haven't been there in ages. Last time I was there, I saw Roscoe Tanner playing on court 15 or so. Impressive serve! Remember having seen cucumber sandwiches being sold. Very thin white toast bread, and wafer thin cucumber and nothing else... was very disappointed, wanted some juicy sandwich...
        Last edited by gzhpcu; 06-21-2011, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Like at all Slams the food is a rip off....I'll take my own sandwiches thanks
          Stotty

Comment

Am watching Federer play Kukushkin. The qualifier is serving quite well, and one thing I noticed is Kukushkin's tossing arm: whereas when Federer tosses the ball, his tossing arm goes off to the side, practically parallel to the baseline, Kukushkin tosses the ball straight ahead, at right angle to the baseline. The latter, I have seen seldom.

Comment

Thanks Phil...for the link

Thanks again for the link...you can see a lot of tennis here:

Live tennis scores and live tennis video streaming by LiveScoreHunter. Tennis tournaments draws, schedule of play and fixtures.

Wimbledon is not being televised in Sweden this year...yesterday I was viewing four matches at the same time.
              Last edited by don_budge; 06-22-2011, 05:56 AM.
              don_budge
              Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

I appreciate this vast expansion of options. Zone In as a sub-choice once one
                gets to the website is working for me. Thanks!

Comment

And one used to have to pay for all the matches on the smaller courts!

Comment

Watching Soderling - Hewitt. Rusedski is commentating and he just said that Soderling serves with a forehand grip... wonder if this is true...

Comment

Tomic really demolished Soderling....

Comment

Wimbledon 2011...round of 16

Day off yesterday...yawn. Not for me. Two hours of singles with Gustaf then three hours of clearing brush, breaking down fence, scraping the barn. Walking the dog. Who cares? Peace and Love to all.

Robin had a tummy ache...goodbye. Nadal bullying his way through. Del Potro? Too much to hope for? Djokovic smashing his way into the next round. Llodra? Too much to hope for? Again? Murray...whatever. Gasquet? Too much to hope for? Please Lord.

Go Roger! If!!!
                        Last edited by don_budge; 06-26-2011, 10:09 PM.
                        don_budge

Comment

Will we see Llodra serve and volley today?

Comment

To be or not to be...

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
                            Will we see Llodra serve and volley today?
                            Only if he wants to win, Phil...but I wouldn't expect that he will do it all the time. Plus it is difficult to gage just how slow the courts are at good old Wimbledon...or perhaps I should say the new Wimbledon. How slow are they, Stotty?

He is going to have to use the same tactics that he used against Djokovic when he defeated him at the Paris Masters last fall or winter. He must keep him off balance by giving him a steady diet of balls that he doesn't like to play...by mixing spin, pace and depth...all the time. This is a case where being left handed is a big advantage. The advantage that Llodra can extract with his serve is a big key...of course.

On the other hand...Djokovic is playing much better these days and he will be hell bent on avenging that loss in Paris. Hope to see him smash a couple more racquets to smithereens if only to shake things up a bit, but I don't expect to see that display again. That was a one shot deal. Actually it would be fun to see him go through his whole bag...I have seen one guy do that on the golf course and it wasn't Kevin Costner.

Now I am off to train with Gustaf for two hours of singles. The kid has a new toy...it's called CONTROL. Oh oh!
                            Last edited by don_budge; 06-26-2011, 11:11 PM.
                            don_budge

Comment

Rafa keeps winning critical tie breaks... great nerves... go Rafa! Del Potro was pretty dangerous...

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8054 users online. 3 members and 8051 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                              X