• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rallying: cross

Backhand cross:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-ENneaQmA4

Forehand cross:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XULdPedx5vE

Wish I weren't the only one posting videos...

We definitely need to get you more dynamic, Phil. You got to busy up the footwork by moving out and back in to shots (this is why McEnroe dislikes crosscourt hitting as players are apt to get lazy).

Gosh, Phil can we use the left arm more on the forehand? JY will have a fit if he sees you doing so little with it in the clip. You know how he is about preparation for forehands. Quick, take the clip down and upload another before he sees it

I'll upload a clip of mine later in the week. I'll upload my forehand and serve. i'll expect marks out of ten.
    Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
      We definitely need to get you more dynamic, Phil. You got to busy up the footwork by moving out and back in to shots (this is why McEnroe dislikes crosscourt hitting as players are apt to get lazy).

Gosh, Phil can we use the left arm more on the forehand? JY will have a fit if he sees you doing so little with it in the clip. You know how he is about preparation for forehands. Quick, take the clip down and upload another before he sees it

I'll upload a clip of mine later in the week. I'll upload my forehand and serve. i'll expect marks out of ten.
      along those lines with the forehand your chest is very open(because you dont reach across with your left hand to help you coil)
      you could add a significant amount of pace to your fore hand just by using your left hand more to aid in coiling

Comment

i dont see you split step and get a unit turn on forehand or backhand
        on your backhand sometimes you come up the ball but sometimes yopu are alittle "wristy " and come across the ball
        you do seem to prepare early on the backhand

Comment

Complete the shot

Phil,
          I'm not sure these guys understand what it's like to be on the sunny side of 60!

I'm just going to make one comment on your backhand that won't actually require any additional effort. When you hit your good, solid backhands (#1, 5, 6), you are pushing the weight back to your left foot even before you have completed the followthrough; in fact, you almost start coming off as soon as you touch the ball. Take a good look at the balls you hit well in your clip. You should keep your weight on your right foot until you get to the end of your followthrough. In fact, you should be able to lift your left foot for a moment when you complete the shot. This is not really a good drill so don't start hitting your backhand and picking up your back foot; but it is a good check to see if you have actually gotten your weight completely to the front side as you complete the backhand (but leave the left toe touching the ground with the left heel off the ground). It's not like the turn of the forehand (or a two-handed backhand), but you could get a lot more sting on the backhand if you make a full commitment there!

good luck
          don
          PS I always love the views of your club. Also like the fact you are getting to stay in the shade!
          Last edited by tennis_chiro; 07-04-2011, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Thanks to all, will work on it this morning....

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8012 users online. 3 members and 8009 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X