Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leverage/contact point in the string bed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leverage/contact point in the string bed.

The 27" short sword, by the roman army, is a valid point for the length of the most commonly used pro frame length. All of us who love this sport, are gladiators in the sand. Or, at least we like to think of ourselves that way! My wife thinks I'm a world class gear head also. Frames, tens., string experiments, she's seen it all. I've wrapped thin fishing wire on the crosses in hitting bed, placed small pieces of electrical zip cord, electrical soldering pieces for pc boards, straws, copper crimp tubes, multiple mains, skipped mains, skipped side mains, every type of textured string out there almost, ash. kev., wire, etc., to enhance spin. Spin a lings beat them all, but they didn't last long.

The reason Fed uses string a lings is not to stop the gut from breaking. He only uses the string for 8 games, and switches on the return game. (He lets the ball boys grab the plastic bag.) The string a lings add spin, and he hits the ball in that area only pretty much. Notice also, that he skips crosses with the string alings, only placing ten of them. Why am I the only one to notice, that he could have placed 20 of them in the same area? The edges grab the ball better, and cause more spin, the way he does it. Take a look at my spin a lings, and see how the flexible straws, with their sharp edges, really grab the ball. Works just as well when you place two diff. straws inside each other, of diff. diam., so that both can grab the ball. I am talking more spin than Nadal can hit, and more kick than Kendrick puts on his kicker.

Feds' string a lings
    Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 07-23-2011, 08:11 PM.

I'd certainly rather face my opponents with a racket. That thing just looks deadly. Great pic and thanks for the expert comment in the article.

Comment

This is my own best result with spaghetti, and I've tried a lot of them.

spaghetti job with spin a lings

I call these spin a lings, and the spin, when these are placed at all crosses in hitting bed, makes the ball kick up over your opp. head, although they are not legal, they are fun! Funny to watch it.
      Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 07-23-2011, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2277 users online. 7 members and 2270 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X