Stotty's Serve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stotty's Serve

My serve is only part of game that hasn't declined. It has remained the same for 25 years. I serve in the low 90s usually. My fastest ever was 102mph

I am 48, 5ft 11in, and weigh 71kg.

Stotty

Whack!!!

You have got pro acoustics!!!
    don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

comparison

Looks pretty classic to me. At the trophy postion stage it appears similar to Jack Kramer who was supposedly very accurate. What percentage of 1st serves do you typically get in ?

Comment

Very nice motion

Comment

Nice!

Comment

4 balls...in one hand.

I was wondering what happened on the first toss in the first video...I had to watch it several times before I realized that you had four balls in your hand which is why you lost control of the first one.

I am looking at this very closely and determined to find something to suggest...but it's not easy. You are not giving me much to criticize. But I have not given up...I just need to keep on watching it. There is just a little something...maybe it is more style than anything. I'll watch it another billion times or so...there has to be something, some potential, some room for improvement.
            don_budge
            Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Very nice Stotty! Elegant, fluid...

Comment

Chuck62, My first serve percentage is high - I would say around 70% but I'm guessing as I have never had it calculated. I rarely have bad days when I serve and rely on a smooth motion and timing rather than muscle. I am Jack Kramer fan so thanks for huge compliment.

As to other points:

I don't really launch upwards for my serve as much as say a bigger server would which explains, I feel, my consistency. I'm simply not taking as much "risk" as a bigger server.

For some reason I stiffen up at the very end of the motion. If you look carefully you can pick it up on the clips. I know the ball has been struck and gone at this point but it may be a factor in slowing my delivery up....kinetic chain and all that... Maybe years of having a bad back has played its part here too.

I was a Nastase fan as a kid and tried my utmost to serve just like him. I fell well short of that goal as you can see...but did my best.

DB, my ball toss wasn't great on all three serves. For some reason when I film myself I get camera shy and my toss goes on the blink. But I hit them anyway. The second of the three serves had the best toss and gives the truest reflection.
                Last edited by stotty; 08-01-2011, 12:05 AM.
                Stotty

Comment

It does look like Kramer! Ever experimented with launching and landing on the left foot??

Comment

Leg drive is missing, up to the snap off pt. Toss is too low, so you can't catch up to it. Foot faulting! (I know, that's a bs thing.) Fluid is ok. Leg drive and kick back are where you need to work. That will bring you another 10-15%.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8126 users online. 2 members and 8124 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                    X