Westcoast's ground game - FH + 2HBH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, D_B

Sorry, but for the foreseeable future the two-hander will be the stroke on that side. I still mess around with a one-hander for fun and the challenge that I could never master it - I could post some footage if you'd like...but don't get any ideas

Comment

The Slice is Necessary Regardless!

Originally posted by westcoast777 View Post
      Sorry, but for the foreseeable future the two-hander will be the stroke on that side. I still mess around with a one-hander for fun and the challenge that I could never master it - I could post some footage if you'd like...but don't get any ideas
      Westcoast,
      You should realize that even the best two-handed backhand players need a good slice. Almost all coaches would agree with that. Be sure to put enough effort into developing that shot as well and you may avoid some of the "two-handed net inflexibility" that seems to come with reliance on the two-handed backhand. Your backhand slice, volley, serve and overhead grip should be almost identical and this helps you to develop the transition and front court game. You will probably still use the extreme grips when you get to "pound" a short ball at the service line with either a forehand or a backhand, but to move quickly to and through transitional shots or react to a volley, you need comfort with that continental grip. It won't get you quite to where D_B wants you to go, but it will at least get you part of the way there and it will put you way ahead of most of your competitive cohort.

don

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7675 users online. 9 members and 7666 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X