Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with my racket weight and...

I use this racket:

the problem is, when I play against someone who hits hard, the racket will twist in my hand on the off-center hits sometimes (its not my grip size, my grip size is good), or the racket will bounce back because the shot was strong (especially on volleys), I can even feel the weight of the ball when they are new.

all in all, I have to make the racket heavier. Now, all I got is 2 pieces of 5grams.

-Will adding 5 grams at the tip of the racket, and 5 grams under the but cap work? Or that would make racket even less stable?

-Would adding them to 9 and 3 o'clock (5grams on each side) make racket head heavy too much? I don't serve and volley, but I run to the net after every short ball that hit.

I use extreme eastern forehand grip, play mostly from baseline, and play ONLY on clay courts. Playing for about 3 years.

jokers lead tape
    jokers broken frame

This is the frame Joker uses, but it's not your frame. His is ra: 51, yours: 65. His sq. in: 98, yours: 100, etc. AS you can see, his total mass due to lead added: is about 360g, like Delpo, Berdych, Tsonga, Fed (357g), etc. Try lead only at the frame. He also has silicone injected into the handle butt.

Comment

Stiffness for Head YOUTEK IG Speed 18x20

In the case of Head YOUTEK IG Speed 18x20
      the problem is low stiffnes-64

Comment

Stiffness numbers?

Originally posted by geoffwilliams View Post
        jokers lead tape
        jokers broken frame

This is the frame Joker uses, but it's not your frame. His is ra: 51, yours: 65. His sq. in: 98, yours: 100, etc. AS you can see, his total mass due to lead added: is about 360g, like Delpo, Berdych, Tsonga, Fed (357g), etc. Try lead only at the frame. He also has silicone injected into the handle butt.
        Could you let me know what is a relation between your ra number quoted above
        and a stiffness number provided by Tennis Warehouse?
        Thank you

Comment

It's a custom frame, not avail. to the public, with a special lay up. Not the same flex, sq. in., grommet drill pts., mass, or anything but the paint job is similar. No head pro plays with the frame that is advertised.

Comment

Did u try to add some weight?

Originally posted by nikae View Post
            I use this racket:

the problem is, when I play against someone who hits hard, the racket will twist in my hand on the off-center hits sometimes (its not my grip size, my grip size is good), or the racket will bounce back because the shot was strong (especially on volleys), I can even feel the weight of the ball when they are new.

all in all, I have to make the racket heavier. Now, all I got is 2 pieces of 5grams.

-Will adding 5 grams at the tip of the racket, and 5 grams under the but cap work? Or that would make racket even less stable?

-Would adding them to 9 and 3 o'clock (5grams on each side) make racket head heavy too much? I don't serve and volley, but I run to the net after every short ball that hit.

I use extreme eastern forehand grip, play mostly from baseline, and play ONLY on clay courts. Playing for about 3 years.
            Hi,
            Did u try to add some weight?

Comment

Yes I did, 5 grams on 3 and 9 o'clock. I couldn't hit enough spin any more, racket was hard to control at the net.

I'll have to try to ad less on the sides + counter balance it by adding weight somewhere around the handle.

Comment

you already have a racquet thats minimally headlight
                adding weight at 3-9 or 12 will only make that worse increase sw and make the racquet less maeuverable
                add weight in the throat area

i think your problem is the large size 100 sq in and low weight

buy ( or demo) another racquet thats heavier (at least 11 oz heavier if you can handle it with a balance around 6-8 points hl
                the heavier the more hl)

Comment

Originally posted by llll View Post
                  you already have a racquet thats minimally headlight
                  adding weight at 3-9 or 12 will only make that worse increase sw and make the racquet less maeuverable
                  add weight in the throat area

i think your problem is the large size 100 sq in and low weight

buy ( or demo) another racquet thats heavier (at least 11 oz heavier if you can handle it with a balance around 6-8 points hl
                  the heavier the more hl)
                  I cant make up my mind between http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Babo...AB-BAPDGT.html and

On forums people are saying that they get more spin with the first one, and more pop on second one....That is all nonsense in my opinion, both rackets have almost the same specifications, so, how much spin one will generate should only depend on the players technique.

So hard to buy a racket when you don't have a demo option.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8590 users online. 8 members and 8582 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                  X