Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Of these choices, which article would you want to see written?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of these choices, which article would you want to see written?

String comparisons: best tension loss strings, best control, copoly material advancements, how string affects injuries, power strings and tension loss and how it changes angle of trajectory, etc.

STring: Top five for spin. Top five for power. Top five for control.

Comparison of Sampras, Becker, Raonic, Federer serves: still shots in same position for each guy and careful in depth analysis.

Body clock and internal rhythm: which shots affect your internal rhythm, how to produce those shots to bother opponents, and how to defend against them.

Pro stock frames and comparison of: pt57a vs. h22, and video of me using both frames.

Top forehands and comparison against each other: Fed, Joker, Sampras, Nadal.
    Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 08-18-2011, 02:00 PM.

Forehand comparison please.
    Stotty

Comment

Go with your strenghts

Geoff,
      those are all good topics, but I'd really like to hear what you have to say about the string tension issues, etc.

don

Comment

I'd love to read about string comparisons as well.

Comment

Forehand comparisons would be my choice though all are interesting topics.

Comment

I would prefer the article on strings.

Comment

There is nothing like a great string job for our frames/games!

Once you match it up right, it sticks in your memory as a great shot does.

Elongation, compression, shaping your sweet spot is an art most stringers ignore totally as if it does not exist!

Copolys were made to soften polyester strings' harshness/injury proneness. The material science used in their manufacture is fascinating. The softer strings, such as tour bite, black magic, tourna big hitter blue rough, cyber flash all have different feel/spin/touch, and are affected by frame/ra/tension/methods. Every string has a different resonant frequency, elasticity, angle of trajectory off the bed, and sound. How that translates into your hand determines power/feel/touch/control.

Comment

I like 'em all...

I like them all. I read something you once wrote about the serve...I remember that bottle found it quite intriguing, so it must of been. If you write something about the serve...be sure to include Djokovic. If you don't, you will be remiss. Thanks, Geoff.
                don_budge
                Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Bottle liked: Geoff Williams said, "It's not just shoulder over shoulder, it's hip over hip." Joker is not known for a big serve. But, that having been said, look what he did with a so called suspect serve: held #3 for years, and became #1. Remember Todd Martin, arranging joker to serve from his knees? How humiliating, to take lessons from Martin, on your knees, who never won a single slam? Gee, I wonder why Joker fired him right after that?

It looks like the string is the thing, with forehand comparison second place.
                  Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 08-18-2011, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7788 users online. 3 members and 7785 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                  X