Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Yandell mentioned by Fowler on ESPN2!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Yandell mentioned by Fowler on ESPN2!

Wow...talking about your observations on Fed vs. Nadal vs. Djokovic forehand. You've really hit the big time now!

I saw that, exciting stuff

Comment

Yeah I was drinking wine in a French restaurant (Jean Robert's Table of course) in Cincy and watching but didn't even hear it. Someone is gonna play the dvr sound for me into the phone. Chris is a good guy, very open and interested in new stuff.

What did he say, btw?

Comment

This is all generally paraphrased...

First, he said something like, "I love the imperical study of the game, and am a big fan of the work of John Yandell"

Then ESPN brought up a still photo of Djokovic's grip on the forehand and he talked about how Djokovic's grip is "as extreme" as Nadal. (Hmm..didn't you say it was more extreme?).

Then Chris talked about how Djokovic's forehand had the same RPMs as Federer.

Then Cahill said, with his dry humor, "Cliff Drysdale, watch out!" to which Fowler replied..."it's not my study, I'm just reporting what others have discovered"

I believe McEnroe also expressed that he was impressed with Fowler, though I can't remember exactly how he did so. Not 100% sure on that.

I do think that Fowler has a terrific understanding and knowledge of tennis for someone who is not a "tennis guy". With this Gilbert, McEnroe, Cahill, Fowler team, I think we are in the golden age of tennis broadcasting.

Comment

Cool. Well, we started studying spin 15 years ago and it's finally reaching major media consciousness...Going to keep working on Chris!
          Last edited by johnyandell; 08-21-2011, 02:59 PM.

Comment

I caught it too. Congratulations, John!

Comment

Here's something great. Andy Murray was watching the broadcast and called Chris and wanted to know about his spin values compared to the other three. Told Chris he's next!

Comment

Murray wants to know his average rpm per fh, second and first serve, and bh? Must be nice to be able to ask and then receive.

Comment

Well I guess we know what John's next article is.

Comment

I may very well accommodate Andy...suddenly I am a fan.

Comment

Tell Andy he needs to win a slam before he gets the deluxe treatment from TennisPlayer.

Comment

No maybe he'll get an insight that helps him do that and credit us.

Comment

He uses a pt57A, strung with alu/vs team at 61-63lbs.. He was at a higher mass, but dropped down due to a wrist injury, to about 350g from about 365g. His pattern is 16 x 19. His shots lack pace sometimes due to the lower mass.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8484 users online. 8 members and 8476 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                          X