vertical finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vertical finish

John, whenever I use the vertical finish described in your book, the shot goes out or is very short and slow. Also, should you actually be stopping your stroke right then and there or should it decelerate over the shoulder?

OK guys if you wan to ask me a question it's way better to post it in that section. I don't necessarily read all the posts ok?

Were,

It's hard to diagnose without actually seeing. There is nothing in that classical vertical finish that would cause the ball to go out. Suspect it has something to do with the swing plane and the path the racket takes toward the finish. Make sure the hitting arm position is set up as the swing starts forward and the racket tip is low enough and pointing back.

As for the is it finished question. Really good question and yes and no. Yes because that's the point you aim for with the swing. No because if the arm is relaxed it will naturally decelerate and wrap. So those are the checkpoints for the extension of the forward swing. Really important not to force a mechanical wrap.

Check out the Myth of the Wrap article for more:

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7923 users online. 4 members and 7919 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X