racquet size and head light for juniors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• racquet size and head light for juniors

Hello - have an 11 year old whose game is coming along - any links one can forward me to read on the science for and against using a head light racquet - and what advantage there maybe or not using a 27inch racquet .
    Thank you - Steven

26 inch long possibility

Originally posted by stevenmila View Post
    Hello - have an 11 year old whose game is coming along - any links one can forward me to read on the science for and against using a head light racquet - and what advantage there maybe or not using a 27inch racquet .
    Thank you - Steven

is a possibility
    It is only 26 inches long
    Julian
    USPTA,a Babolat Team member
    juliantennis@comcast.net

Comment

thank you- that is what he is using at present - wanted to consider the options on the full size rackets and head weight etc...
      steven

Comment

Options

thank you- that is what he is using at present - wanted to consider the options on the full size rackets and head weight etc...
        steven
        There are 2 best options
        2 Babolat

Regards,
        Julian
        Babolat Team member

PS Weights in both cases are OK-a lighter racket than those two
        would create some potential problems down the road.
        Do you have any options to demo rackets listed above?
        Both rackets above are quite popular so coaches in States do have
        a lot of expertize how to utilize them efficiently
        If you would go with one of two options above I will provide some info
        about optimal strings/tensions.
        Please check your personal message and make a guess,please,why a personal message was used in this case.
        Thank you
        If you are in States my phone number,if needed, is listed at
        Last edited by julian1; 09-21-2011, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Julian - thank your for you help w the rackets - yes i have an idea of which rackets - may be this is the wrong place to post this - but trying to find out w regard to if the head light rackets will help increase efficiency on strokes - such as 1pt or 5 pt - and what type of game will benefit from a 1pt or 5 pt head light - numerous coaches had wanted to increase the weight of the head w lead tape - i find this out of date for young kids - but maybe there is some science or other opinions on this

Comment

Options

Julian - thank your for you help w the rackets - yes i have an idea of which rackets - may be this is the wrong place to post this - but trying to find out w regard to if the head light rackets will help increase efficiency on strokes - such as 1pt or 5 pt - and what type of game will benefit from a 1pt or 5 pt head light - numerous coaches had wanted to increase the weight of the head w lead tape - i find this out of date for young kids - but maybe there is some science or other opinions on this
            A head light racket,compared to a balanced racket,is better for ground strokes.
            It is NOT necessarily better for serves.
            However one has to use THE SAME RACKET for serves and baseline strokes

I will expand this post couple of times.I will be on a court next couple
            of hours.
            It is very difficult to find a Prince or Wilson or Head to be as good as Babolat
            at this moment.
            My advice is to start with 4 pts HEAD LIGHT (both Babolats quoted above
            are 4 pts HEAD LIGHT).

After,say,a month of hitting some additional tuning is possible
            a) strings
            b) a lead tape

A Blue version above is more power oriented-girls like it very much.
            A YELLOW version above is more CONTROL oriented-"my" girls do say it
            is dull.
            BTW:I coach as well-see my Web page.
            Did you read my personal message?
            If you are in States I can help more.
            PS Tennis Warehouse forum is NOT a good place to put your question because a level of
            responses is VERY MIXED.
            Last edited by julian1; 09-21-2011, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Did u see my response above?

Did u see my response above?

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7636 users online. 2 members and 7634 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
              X