Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rdc machine

Measures RA and stiffness.
    Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 09-27-2011, 09:54 PM.

As far as I know that is incorrect. RDC machines apply force to the center of the racquet to test stiffness. This video shows RDC processes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67ndPgE5ITU

-Shaun

Comment

They use a couple of different processes. One for swing weight, and one for stiffness.
      Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 09-25-2011, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Did you watch the video at all? That machine is not vibrating the racquet to test stiffness. It's lightly bending it. Neither is that machine vibrating the racqeut to test swing weight.

I am aware that a racquet stiffness rating of some sort can can be acquired through testing it's frequency, but that machine does not.

-Shaun

Comment

Sfrazeur is absolutely correct.

Fred

Comment

Ok. Never used one myself!

Comment

Bottom line, we learned something!

Whatever. I found the information that came out really enlightening. Thanks to all. And I thought your article this month was terrific, Geoff. I hope it is just a start.

don

Comment

Thanks so much for enjoying our hard work. That article came out of those 10,000 hrs. on the field, maybe more like 20,000 hrs.! Too many of those younger guys out there are going into the trash bin of injury, due to their use of stiff/harsh polyesters. They can't afford gut/alu hybrids. There are a lot of softer copolys out there now that are not expensive.
                Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 09-27-2011, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7956 users online. 2 members and 7954 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                X