Worth the Wait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth the Wait?

I'd have to say that September has brought yet another stunning issue. That breakdown on the backhand of the two-handed grips is something I'd never seen delved into. John's article What is True? is not for the feint hearted who seek the facile...but then isn't that true of truth? Just waiting to see what that maniac Geoff Williams has to say about spin. And oh yeah the Nadal footage. Do people really realize how good this new high speed stuff really is?

This site is a contributor site, to help people improve. That was a long wait, John!

It's the kind of thing that gets you into the tennis hall of fame.

Too bad the gen pop does not see the game as we see it, under the microscope of Yandell's vision. My article on string is a great example of how John can edit a difficult piece, down to an easy one to read. I was sort of shocked at how much of the article he kept, while causing it to flow better than my own version did. My degree in electricity, included the study of vibrating molecules and how corralled pressure can move power into a loaded use.
    Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 09-26-2011, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Hey let's give the young uns a chance! As you know I think you have a lot to contribute so happy to keep the vision in tact.

Comment

Hey, John, the bow brand link to video is not working in the string article.

Comment

It certainly was worth the wait! This site as well as Jeff's has thought me pretty much 99% of everything I know about tennis. I'm 19 and not yet a qualified coach (starting my Tennis Ireland Level 1 next sunday, will take 9 months, there are 3 levels and only a handful of level 3 in the country), and I'm already known in my club as someone not to get into debates with, especially when it comes to technique. In fact, our head coach who is 60, trained under Peter Burwash and has several similar PTR and other nation qualifications to the TI Level 3 is the toughest one to convince of new developments. It took me a year to convince him that Federer hits some forehands with a straight armed forehand despite me showing him a picture in a Tennis magazine! Same with the one handed backhand, he thought the arm wasn't straight at the elbow on contact but slightly bent! What finally convinced him was meeting Mr. Yandell himself at the TICA conference last year, he actually admitted to me he was wrong.
          He's one of these coaches who believes in his own views no matter what, I bet the "What's true?" article would be perfect for him! haha. Trying to convince him that's there no "downward wrist snap" in the serve is still almost impossible but I'm still working on it!
          But basically, I'd like to thank John, all his staff, the contributors, even the members who make this such a special site to be a part of. It really is a great place for learning about how the game is really played, what we can improve in our own game, what we can improve in others games, and how we can improve as coaches. I'm even liking the new technology articles! I know NOTHING about strings and racquet specs so, as I read in the suggestions, maybe it would be a good idea to have some articles about racquet specs, what they mean and choosing racquets!
          Thanks guys.

Comment

Thanks Jon!

Geoff, working fine for me...sure you're Quick Time is up to date?

Comment

Three subcribers emailed me today about string suggestions, and they all perfectly described their games, level/style/age/condition. There is a lot of demand out there for equipment suggestions and description that applies to our own game. Maybe my quicktime is not up to date. I also lost the bottom bar that allows you to stop the video clips or play them in slo mo!

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7649 users online. 1 members and 7648 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
              X