2 handed backhand question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 handed backhand question

For anyone here who uses two handed backhand.how do you guys generated topspinwhile having good power. I use a continental on right hand and eastern on left hand and I can hit the ball with good power.However it seems to be too flat to my preference.So please help me... THanks

Try changing the grip slightly on your left hand towards a more western grip. Doesn't have to be a huge change, but a change to that direction.

The left hand is very dominant in hitting a successful two handed backhand. I often get my students to hit left handed forehands - with the left hand at the top of the grip - to get them used to the swing pattern that they need for the stroke. Any of the people Ive coached using this have gotten the idea very quickly, so this might be something to try.

Also try and work on 'brushing' up the back of the ball, rather than hitting it flat. Really sweeping the shot and then you can get a combination of the two. I know for me with a two hander, I need plenty of 'top' on the ball. Whereas others don't.

Anthony

Comment

i'll try to do it
      thanks

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7642 users online. 6 members and 7636 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X