Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Yandell deserve to be in tennis the hall of fame as a contributor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Yandell deserve to be in tennis the hall of fame as a contributor?

I was going to place a TW thread, and seek some help from members here to speak up about how John has helped their games, provided a multi faceted service and 65,000 clip video archive, and see if we can't get the ball rolling to say thanks to John and stick up for the site and what it stands for! Does John deserve it more than guys like Bollettieri or Landsdorp, who talk a strong game? They have helped a few, not the many.
    Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 10-10-2011, 08:55 PM.

Thanks Geoff. That's a 65,000 clip archive...But I wouldn't put myself in the same category with Nick and Robert. Those guys whatever else you can say developed players that were at the top of the game.
    I'm in another category. Now am I gonna argue that I am at the top of that category--called something like providing educational and coaching resources-- ok, no, I probably won't.

Nick actually helped me with my game at his camp in Wisconsin when I was 15 and before he was Nick. He has a certain magic in connecting with players. And Robert, well, let's just say watching him work over Maria Sharapova age 11 was one of the most eye opening experiences I've had... I've had some great experiences on court with a lot of great players doing video analysis--including a couple players who were one in the world--but that is very different than developmental coaching...

As for TW the way I fought with and (and in my humble view) eviscerated some of those guys who attacked me time and time again, well you might get some interesting reactions there... But my little psychological and sociological experiment over there has, I hope, run it's course...
    Last edited by johnyandell; 10-10-2011, 08:36 PM.

Comment

You see the global picture, while those guys saw individual units. You try to do good for all subscribers, while they tried to create slam champions. You have the grit and resiliency it takes to achieve that archive, and present the view points you don't necessarily agree with, even if it means you were wrong, but that may help others. Those guys are right no matter what. Deadly determination creates slam winners.

That's what I call the three G Johnny: -Global-good-grit. That place is crazy/little wild, but some big shot types do read those threads. It would be better if we had some back up, those who feel the same way about the 3G Johnny.

You took your head out of the weeds. You have that inkling to do good for all types of players, not just the slam contenders. The blows you have taken for the site, to go out against the site you started with, and fight for the content you created, would burn most of us. The truth is, most of us are 4.0 and under, and can't afford coaches and vs team gut/alu string jobs. The Ferrari of string jobs, which Joker and Fed and Murray all use that hybrid, because it works. This site works, for similar reasons: It's the best earth can provide.
      Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 10-10-2011, 09:12 PM.

Comment

you are preaching to the choir with me
        id vote and do what i could at tw to help

Comment

Geoff, Geez that's quite a reputation to live up to...I feel the pressure!

Still think it's impossible to compare what I've done to Robert and Nick (plus Rick, Nick S. and a few others)--apples and oranges.

Comment

An apple is red on the outside or green or yellow or red and green or yellow and green or etc., and an orange is orange on the outside. An apple is crispy and solid while an orange is juicy and soft. The meat of an apple is white and the meat of an orange is either orange or blood orange. They both smell like something that would be in a child's lunch box. Most apples are supple/ bland while an orange is acidic and sweet. Both are sort of round. Both have distasteful seeds. Both are piled up in pyramids in most every supermarket in the world.

3G johnny does not feel the pressure, he just does the work and comes up with a new issue.

I played N*** at Chabot. He was using a profile, and that should tell you how long ago it was. I took out Streeter 2 and 3 in the round before, and his brother came up, and yelled, "You're not 35!", (35 age group and over). I said, "What can I say, I eat a lot of fruit and it makes me age slower."

He hit a couple aces on me in the first set and I said, "You're serving well.", using the Aussie psych on him. He became enraged, and slammed a ball down into the ground as hard as he could and screamed, "Yeah, if you can touch it!" The ball went about 50 feet up. He stalked off like an overly tanned walking penguin.
            We only had two balls to play with. I said, "That's equipment abuse.", and he became even more livid. A temper would not begin to describe it. It was as if I had no right to be on the same court with him. Hey N***, you are a real piece of work. I'm sure I have not been the only one to think he's a candidate for anger management hearings.

A temper like that guarantees custodial battles.
            Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 10-13-2011, 07:17 AM.

Comment

I think johns video analysis is amazing and the future of analyzing technique

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 9084 users online. 9 members and 9075 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
              X