On Novak Djokovic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
    Great clips to watch. My how the game changes! Yes, I love the subtle stuff played back then. Interesting how the players return serve mostly with the intention of getting the "ball into the feet" of the incoming player, then try to work out the point from there. These days its thumped straight passed anyone who dares come in, no working out ways to get past a volleyer...just thump!

But I find today's tennis equally compelling, just different. The power and athleticism is astounding, and rallies can be riveting to watch, especially where the top 4 are concerned.

Getting back on thread: I think tennis_chiro is right when he says Nadal will have to sacrifice wins in the short term to start to develop a game to play Djokovic; and now Murray who's learnt from Djokovic. I seem to remember reading Lew Hoad sacrificed 6 months (losing matches he would not have) to develop a better topspin backhand to be able to take on Gonzales. It worked.

Nadal has no option. He's at an impasse. It's change or sink. The big concern is whether he can change his mentality, his instincts...they are so deep rooted...he'll find it the biggest challenge in his career thus far.
    Nadal has options
    See
    http://www.tennisplayer.net/bulletin...ead.php?t=1971 and my post there about serve there

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7975 users online. 6 members and 7969 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X