Recovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recovery

anyone know a protocol that players use post training to recover muscle glycogen?

I've wondered for a while how they recover from match play. After watching the 2011 US Open Final I couldn't imagine either walking for a few days...
    If anyone has insight it might be an interesting article to put in the Physical Training section.

Comment

I import a product called Polase from Italy. It has fructose and carbohydrates in it as well as other minerals. It stops you getting cramp through loss of minerals. I suffer terrible cramp after exercise and have done all my life. I take a sachet before and after strenuous exercise and rarely get cramp.

I'm sure top players must use this kind of thing as it is known to help muscles recover more quickly.
      Stotty

Comment

You see Rafa eating the pro bikers gel. You see Djokovic eating the power bar. They also put powder in their water to replenish lost elements. The stuff Rafa uses is made in the UK. It's that orange packet, skinny and long, full of caffeine, sugar, carbohydrates, at about 25g each. The power bar is made by a German company. If you eat salt while playing in your water the water loss is lessened, so the cramps are lessened. At least he endorses it and several other items they sell, such as the recovery powder, the treats, the bar, etc. Don't know if he uses it though.
        Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 11-13-2011, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Drugs?

Drugs?

Taking a close look at doping control in professional tennis. How stringent is it? We also look at other issues related to the integrity of the sport.
          don_budge
          Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7912 users online. 16 members and 7896 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X