Interactive Forum November 2011: Rafael Nadal - Serve 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christophe,

My question is what is the basis of the suit and what is he suing for?

John

Comment

Oscar & Rafa...

I just wrote Oscar and asked him the specific questions you are all asking. Oscar has always told me the only thing he wanted from the lawsuit was recognition that he was the one who improved rafa's serve.

I just came across this blog post Titled: The coach who won the US Open for Rafa Nadal!

[caption id="attachment_29590" align="alignright" width="150" caption="Photo by Beth Wilson"][/caption] I think we need a bit of a distraction... Articles: IMG Says No Rafael Nadal Exhibitions Planned...

I will keep you guys posted.

Christophe.

Comment

The Plot Thickens...

Originally posted by xstf View Post
        I just wrote Oscar and asked him the specific questions you are all asking. Oscar has always told me the only thing he wanted from the lawsuit was recognition that he was the one who improved rafa's serve.

I just came across this blog post Titled: The coach who won the US Open for Rafa Nadal!

[caption id="attachment_29590" align="alignright" width="150" caption="Photo by Beth Wilson"][/caption] I think we need a bit of a distraction... Articles: IMG Says No Rafael Nadal Exhibitions Planned...

I will keep you guys posted.

Christophe.
        Thanks, Christophe!

The article is badly written but seems to allure to what i suspected...

"The version of the coach from the Torrellano Academy does not coincide with that of the tennis playeer, nor that of Toni himself, who tired of receiving telephone calls until in one morning training session in Mallorca with the north American circuit in sight, they had a surprise visit".

I am assuming this means Oscar pestered Toni to have time with Nadal...was refused....so gatecrashed a training session instead. This would go a long way to explaining the Nadal's initial reluctance. Being humble folk, it makes sense they might have been embarrassed to send the persistant, confident Oscar on his way...instead they rode out the session. This scenario would make sense to me...we may be getting nearer the truth.

Like I said, the article is poorly written so we cannot use it to accurately deduce what really happened...but, yes, it may be a step closer to the truth.

I looked at the Borras video clip again today. I don't think Nadal's body language is all that good throughout the clip. Even towards the end he is never engaging with Borras eye-to-eye. He is trying to distract himself from having to do so by bouncing the ball around and generally being non-attentive.

Keep working on it, Christophe....nice website you have over there at Tennis Oxgen.
        Last edited by stotty; 12-12-2011, 03:43 AM. Reason: To include an additional comment.
        Stotty

Comment

Oscar And Rafa

Hi Guys,
          Happy New Year to everyone! I just got these photos from Oscar, he just went on TV in spain I am not sure what has happened regarding the lawsuit yet but this TV set looks pretty elaborate with larger than life photos from the video. i Just wrote him asking him for an explanation. I will keep you posted as I hear more but i thought those pictures were pretty cool (especially with my video rolling!) and my name is big letters! Watch me get sued by the Nadal camp!!!!
          There is no such thing as bad press right?
          Christophe.
          Attached Files

Comment

Interesting! Still hard to imagine what he is suing for.

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
              Interesting! Still hard to imagine what he is suing for.
              He must be suing for recognition of the work he's done and the difference it made...what else? The Nadals must be denying his impact...

It would come down to the Nadals's word against the word of Barras. They could even argue the video was staged to some extent. The video isn't great evidence for Barras because Nadal's body language is mostly reluctant throughout.

It's hard to imagine one 90 minute session would make a 20mph difference to a serve...must have taken a lot of work and involved and further advice to achieve that... wasn't Moya involved somewhere along the line?

I think we could say that Barras may well have planted "a seed of thought" in the Toni's mind but that's about all he can hope to claim...and perhaps it's not not a bad claim at that.

It would get thrown out of court over here in the UK...or cost Barras an awful lot of money were he to fail.

Great to see Christophe's posts and views on things...keep posting, Christophe
              Last edited by stotty; 01-06-2012, 11:45 AM.
              Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7889 users online. 5 members and 7884 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
              X