Federer 10 degrees elbow flexion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federer 10 degrees elbow flexion?

Interested to know if there are other players that share some of the characteristics of the Federer forehand - past present - specifically I am interested in players that have the 10 degrees or so of elbow flexion just before contact on most forehands - Philippoussis is one -
    Thanks - Steven.

Huh, 10 degrees. You got that from looking at the video?

Comment

no I stopped the video...

well yes I did - 10 degrees or so - it varies - but it is seldom neutral or locked in extension
      There is elbow flexion at contact
      - do you not agree -
      how about some other players who do this - ladies too.

Comment

Post a link ok? Just copy the url of the video you looked at and paste it.

One thing that may explain what you are seeing is that Roger, like a lot of people, still has a slight curve in his arm when he straights the elbow joint. That's my view of it. Same thing on the one-hander. Some straight arm guys are perfectly straight. Some there is a slight bow.

Comment

follow up

I see this on most video - when he is not hitting high balls - granted I think he could have a small amount of natural bend in his elbow - quite common on very muscular people - what I was getting at was to try and track some of the straight arm forehand hitters and see how Fed. is different.
          The few straight arm - "small bend forearm" hitters such as Philippoussis, and Del Potro internally rotate their shoulder and flex their elbow much sooner than Nadal - Nadal looks very extended elbow to me - but neither of these players are internally rotated or elbow flexed, as early as Federer - I was looking for evidence from other players - but Federer could possibly be getting to this position sooner because of the elbow flexion.
          But I had not considered the uniqueness of Federers' elbow posture -
          Steven.

Comment

Interesting questions. And I have noticed Del Potro basically inbetween straight and double bend. My own opinion is that Roger's arm is basically extended at the elbow and as straight as it can get...

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8089 users online. 4 members and 8085 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X