Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those who believe John should be elected into the hall of fame as a contributor, help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those who believe John should be elected into the hall of fame as a contributor, help

Here is the thread to voice your opinion if interested in putting out the word for the site!

Ok just to be clear, I am not paying Geoff as my pr guy, but it is appreciated--and probably not too realistic.

Comment

My thoughts

Ouch. Some harsh criticism in that thread, but that is to be expected on any internet message board, I suppose. Though, some of what was brought up is accurate, in my opinion.

All of the following is an opinion.

Yes, in reaching recreational players FYB is a better site. I think the reason for this is clear. If those reading this take the time to watch FYB's videos and read their articles, they will notice that "Do this" instruction is given. And it works. The comment about FYB being Tennisplayer inspired I would say is correct, I've come across information on FYB that surely was influenced by Tennisplayer. But FYB has taken it a step further and consolidated the information into instruction.
      Tennisplayer does not offer enough, "Do this." The site has a wealth of information, but for it to be useful to recreational players the information must be converted into instruction. As a site that has fought to dispel myths in tennis through high speed video analysis, Tennisplayer is unparalleled. As a site that has collected footage and articles from the best players and coaches in the world, Tennisplayer stands alone. As a site that offers practical, easily applied and helpful direct instruction, Tennisplayer is not exceptional.
      For example, developing a full stroke. This is difficult to describe, but I will try. Say the 'Modern forehand, Variety X, typically hit with a semi-western grip' hit like David Ferrer and Andy Murray, has been reverse engineered into a series of progressions and drills that develop a series of feelings. This is how strokes are built. Building blocks, feelings, natural movements that brings out the athleticism in us all.

To make my thoughts as concise as possible: Tennisplayer has dispelled many myths and collected excellent footage, but it is time to focus on direct instruction.

Comment

Gets my Vote

Goes without saying John gets my vote.

Tennisplayer is unique as far as I am aware. I joined FYB for a month but it wasn't for me. Each to their own is what I say...Tennisplayer has worked out best for me, and the forum is excellent.

Keeping going, John...

Don't let any mud-slinging here and there put you off.
        Stotty

Comment

Thanks Stotty. That's the thing you find out and learn to accept is that you can't control what other people think or it's accuracy...

But think I am a little young for the hall of fame and still have some work to do...

WC I actually agree--I have been working through a lot of high speed material over the last few years. Next year we'll have more synthesis.

And, unfortunately, if you compare a lot of fyb material to us you'll see it is basically a direct paraphrase of the stuff Hamilton learned while he was a subscriber--and peppering me with questions. I wrote him a while ago and asked him to acknowledge that and he gave me his lawyer's (daddy) contact info. Doesn't rise to federal copyright infringement but it would have gotten him thrown out of college.

Comment

Those power point vids made me want to turn the internet off, they were so repetitive and boringly useless. No variety over there. John had nothing to do with my posting the thread, or any of my comments in it!

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 1847 users online. 4 members and 1843 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X