string ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• string ?

I would greatly appreciate if some learned person could tell me the advantage or disadvantage of the switched hybrid setup of Federer. For many years I played with pro blend (aka wire) - recently tried my kids hybrid x-one, black code - and was truly amazed - but then again using barbed wire after problend would have felt good.

Thank you - Steven

Durability

Originally posted by stevenmila View Post
    I would greatly appreciate if some learned person could tell me the advantage or disadvantage of the switched hybrid setup of Federer. For many years I played with pro blend (aka wire) - recently tried my kids hybrid x-one, black code - and was truly amazed - but then again using barbed wire after problend would have felt good.

Thank you - Steven
    Please specify how durable a hybrid setup should be?
    8 games,2 hours,10 days?

Comment

Federer uses vs team (wilson premium) gut on the mains strung at 48lbs, and alu power rough at 46.5lbs on the crosses. (Alu is stiffer than gut so you string it at a slightly lower tension to make the elasticity of both seem the same.) Gut is power, alu is control. The hybrid combines the two, to get the both worlds type of job.

Comment

gut in the main...

thank you
        is not the norm. gut cross - poly main - what is the reason for this difference?

Comment

More power

Originally posted by stevenmila View Post
          thank you
          is not the norm. gut cross - poly main - what is the reason for this difference?
          gut crosses,poly mains gives you more power.
          It is PROBABLY less durable

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 1944 users online. 6 members and 1938 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X