Rafael Nadal: Change in 2012?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rafael Nadal: Change in 2012?

Share your thoughts on Matt Cronin's article "Rafael Nadal: Change in 2012?

Missed the boat

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
    Share your thoughts on Matt Cronin's article "Rafael Nadal: Change in 2012?
    Cronin clearly missed the points made very clearly in this forum that Nadal's pursuers had improved their high backhands, especially down the line, off Nadal's short, high bouncing forehands and also, that Nadal's serve was not what it was in late 2010. Those backhands down-the-line were the reason Nadal was under so much pressure off the backhand side.

I'm a little surprised.

don

Comment

it's the serve that needs to be changed!

Matt Cronin's main point is quite right: Nadal needs to change his game to get back to #1. But although he mentions Rafa improved his serve in 2010 when he had his best year and was clearly the best in the game.

He won on hard courts and the US Open for the first time. but he does not mention that he went back to his old serve in 2011 and consequently lost his edge and lost the top spot. Watched him all year long on TC: 100 ~110 first serve and 80~85 second serve. That's how good the rest of his game is that he can serve by simply getting the ball in play and still be #1. You need a first serve in men's tennis, especially on fast courts, you need to be able to hold your serve!

I say he never reaches #1 again if he sticks with his current (old) serve.
      He can win on clay against anyone (except Novak) with just spinning his serve in, but that's it. Matt's says he shows his old top form beating DP in Spain on clay?
      I saw him barely beat DP who had played 4:30 hour match on Friday, saw DP break his serve 8 times in 4 sets! If DP is not so awfully tired?

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8721 users online. 2 members and 8719 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X