Some technical questions regarding video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MotionPro
    Hi, this is David Hill, the president of PDSOFTEC and the primary author of the MotionPro video analysis software. I caught sight of this thread in a google search I ran and thought I would drop in to help.

I can tell you the double-images (two tennis racquets, or two arms...) are artifacts of video interlacing, and the program you are viewing or printing with simply does not know how to "deinterlace" it. This is a very common experience when using firewire video.

I invite you to take John Yandel up on his suggestion (earlier in this thread) to try MotionPro! This software will allow you to view video clips (deinterlaced by default!), break them out into individual frames automatically, to copy/print the images directly, etc etc. You can also do side by side comparison, and much much more. To view Quicktime movies you will need a free Quicktime codec called "alternate quicktime" to view the videos in MotionPro! If you don't have it, just drop me a note and I'll point you to it.

I'm not here to spam you folks, but please feel free to email me directly or to post here on this forum if you have specific questions I can help you with.

Thanks,

David Hill
    President
    www.pdsoftec.com

David,

I downloaded the demo as I'm looking to purchase software like this, but I've also had the Dartfish software for the last month via the 30 day demo they offer. I was pretty impressed with what Dartfish has to offer, and it seems like the software you are offering is quite good as well. Just a few quick questions if you don't mind answering.

1) Does this software have all the features included in the Dartfish software?

2) In Dartfish you can have 4 videos on screen at once for comparison, in the demo you offer I'm only able to put up 2 videos at a time. Is 2 the limit or can motionpro do 4 as well?

Thanks

Comment

Jason,

This is the first time I've heard that MotionPro! was only 1/2 the price of Dartfish. Usually I hear that it's more like 1/4 to 1/5th the price... but perhaps that is due to different versions of Dartfish, or perhaps they are starting to lower their prices due to the competition .

I honestly cannot comment on whether we offer all of the same features as Dartfish. But I can tell you that many coaches have commented on the fact that all of the tools they need and use each day are found in MotionPro! If you check the features information listed on our website perhaps that will answer better, since you know which features you see in Dartfish that you need the most.

Remember that our Advanced Coach Edition (at $149.99) and our Digital VCR Edition (at $249.99) both support dual camera recording plus coaching automatation. I don't know of any other package with with similar features that comes close to our prices.

It sounds like the 4 on 1 screen feature may be key for you. MotionPro! is designed to display 2 videos per session, but we allow you to run an unlimited number of MotionPro sessions concurrently. So on your screen you could have 4, 6, 8, or any number of videos up at one time. This is limited only by the space you have available on your screen. If you have two monitors on your computer you can REALLY get a nice video environment going.

Each MotionPro! can be independently sized and controlled with our simple Mouse VCR controls (drag the mouse over the video to sequence it... double click to play/pause). You can also hide the video control panel (use Ctrl-T to do this) so that you get the maximum available space for video, without the tools taking up space on your screen.

I hope these answers help. If you’d like to call me to have a more detailed discussion please feel free: 1-877-873-9513. Remember too that our software comes with a money back guarantee when you buy on CDROM.

Warm regards,

David A. Hill
      President
      www.pdsoftec.com

Comment

Video Analysis Software is now MotionView...

Folks,

Just a short note to let you know that the website at www.pdsoftec.com is now closed. You can still find the software under a new title (MotionView!) along with many enhancments over the old version at our new website: www.allsportstec.com.

Thanks,

David Hill
        President

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHill
          Folks,

Just a short note to let you know that the website at www.pdsoftec.com is now closed. You can still find the software under a new title (MotionView!) along with many enhancments over the old version at our new website: www.allsportstec.com.

Thanks,

David Hill
          President
          www.allsportstec.com
          Hi David,

Is it possible to have, as tennisplayer.net members, the possibility to record our analysis MotionView ? I bought the home version but it doesn't allow me to do it. I find a little bit hard to have to pay 400 dollars for the "coach" version only to be able to record the analysis, when you are not a coach, just a player analysing your own strokes.
          Thanks,
          Mat

Comment

Hi there Mat,

Currently, the highest priced version we have is $299.99 (Digital VCR Edition). This two-license version allows tennis coaches to create voice-annotated video lessons that can be burned to CDROM, so their students can take the lesson home. This is an advanced feature that professional coaches use to add real value to their instruction, and is not typically requested by individuals who are looking at their own strokes using the software at home.

Unfortunately we cannot offer this advanced software for the $50.00 Home Edition price (at $299.99 it is widely recognized to be a great deal when compared to competing products). I hope you understand. We will be happy to extend a 20% discount to any member of TennisPlayer.net. To get this discount you'll need to place your order by phone: 877-847-1280.

For details on each of the editions we offer please visit www.allsportstec.com/tennis.htm.

Dave Hill
            President

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHill View Post
              Hi there Mat,

Currently, the highest priced version we have is $299.99 (Digital VCR Edition). This two-license version allows tennis coaches to create voice-annotated video lessons that can be burned to CDROM, so their students can take the lesson home. This is an advanced feature that professional coaches use to add real value to their instruction, and is not typically requested by individuals who are looking at their own strokes using the software at home.

Unfortunately we cannot offer this advanced software for the $50.00 Home Edition price (at $299.99 it is widely recognized to be a great deal when compared to competing products). I hope you understand. We will be happy to extend a 20% discount to any member of TennisPlayer.net. To get this discount you'll need to place your order by phone: 877-847-1280.

For details on each of the editions we offer please visit www.allsportstec.com/tennis.htm.

Dave Hill
              President
              www.allsportstec.com
              Hallo

This is a long time ago, but is anybody using this software or any other analysis software like dartfish or sportscad ?

@ Dave Hill is this discount still in action ?

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2437 users online. 7 members and 2430 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
              X