Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Old Wolf

Let's hear your thoughts on Doreen Gonzales' article "The Old Wolf."

Still very good thoughts...I guess this series is drawing to a close and I am gonna miss it. Kind of as if your favorite tv series goes into reruns...

Comment

Wolves...

I have a Czech wolfdog whose name is Dylan. He is one third wolf according to someones calculations. He is a funny creature. Like a dog...with some catlike tendencies...movement. Appearance wise he looks to be all wolf. A wild grey wolf. He's smart, too. He makes my chocolate lab Frankie look a little bit dopey. Part of Dylan will never be "tame". He's a little wild in his animal heart.

From "Meet the Parent's"...Robert DeNiro's character says there are cat people and there are dog people. Dog's give their love away stupidly (read unconditionally), he says...but cat's make you earn their love. Dylan certainly makes you earn his love.

In the world of wolves "the strength of the wolf is the pack...and the strength of the pack is the wolf". Except, of course, in the case of the lone wolf. Sometimes circumstances force you to go it alone.

Richard Gonzales is a hero of sorts to me. He with the Aztec look in his eyes. Like that of a discerning eagle. Birdlike. Warrior like. Doreen refers to him as "The Old Wolf". That's pretty wild. I suppose there was a side of him...deep down inside his heart, in his soul where he refused to be tamed. A Wild Heart. That is what I love most about him. His wild passion for the game...of life.

Jimmy Connor's was quoted as saying that if he had to pick one tennis player to play a match on which his life depended upon, he would of chosen Richard Gonzales. Coming from Connor's that says quite a lot.

I can almost see a young Gonzales peering through the fence at the tennis courts of Los Angeles studying the players with his catlike feline instinct...like an Indian. Like an ancient knowing soul. Assimilating what he knew by instinct to be sound and correct tennis technique. Like a shaman he pulled this knowledge over him like a shroud. He changed shapes and form...like the ancients used to. To become what was necessary.
      Last edited by don_budge; 03-27-2012, 12:52 AM. Reason: for clarity's sake...
      don_budge
      Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8126 users online. 5 members and 8121 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X