Replacing Confidence with Discipline!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Confidence with Discipline!

Let's hear your thoughts on Allen Fox's article "Replacing Confidence with Discipline!"

Don't show emotion and sand bag. Those are his two tips for the last two articles. I would say, play all types of matches including playing up. Move from loss to loss with enthusiasm, and base your feelings of success (never on the score card), but solely on whether or not you: unit turned quickly: defended your contact point: relaxed your upper body: held your lower body samurai tight on the balls of your feet and kept the knees bent, shins tensed on split steps: made correct mental unit turns: lull-jam-finish modes kept intact and aware: kept fast feet even on slower incoming shots: made progress on serve/return play: noticed which shots jammed your opponent and which shots jammed yourself: acted accordingly: varied your practice routine to address it: used video on yourself: got excited about: a new string job: a new frame demo: a new pro lesson. You are allowed to feel successful if you did those things, and if you began to master enjoyment of losses as well as victories. Anyone can beat up on a lessor player. Who can feel great about a loss? Enthusiasm: does not equate to happiness, it does equate with hope, excitement, looking forward to trying out new things, new matches, new techniques and the ensuing enjoyment/enlightenment of those new things. The real masters don't just feel nothing regarding loss/victory. They feel equal love of both. And that's the real reason why anyone subscribes. They want to improve.

I am advocating a new feeling: faith based enthusiasm: Faith, in yourself as an improver, as a maverick, as a person who retains their optimism regardless of any score card other than the one I laid out above. Watch what happens to your life and game once you begin to master faith based enthusiasm. Sampras lost 19 times in a row when he moved from two to one hands. He kept his faith based enthusiasm alive. He did not waver at all in self belief. So can you. It's as simple as noticing the function of negative feelings and deciding to turn your head towards positive feelings. Join the Williams faith based method today and watch your improvement soar. Even if it's just mental improvement, I challenge any of you to go out, play up, knowing you are going to get clobbered, focus on the above and feel great about any result.

While it's true that analytical, reasonable, serious, people can often see the real truth, real reality, it's the optimistic people who live longer, feel happier, have healthier bodies as they age, and are more charming to be around.
    Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 04-20-2012, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Focused on my own writing today, and hit some pro shots off both wings, with so much rpm/pace, they shocked me. Faster core rotation, is possible when you master the first two steps: unit turns early, and contact point defense/attack. The bhbr/ltec hybrid was so powerful accurate. I rose the perimeter tension up, and staggered tension on the middle crosses by two lbs every other string. Wow. Great experiment that I've never done before.

The two last side mains were also raised up. The first cross pull on top was double pulled, at 67lbs, third cross: 62lbs, fourth: 60lbs, next down: 58lbs: then 60lbs, then 58lbs, and then for three in a row: 58, then the last three: 62-65-67lbs. Produced a killer string bed. Just felt like I hit it on the head.
      Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 05-01-2012, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8172 users online. 4 members and 8168 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X