John Isner and the American Men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Isner and the American Men

JY suggested I put up the links to the two articles I put up on 10sBalls in the last week on the emergence of John Isner and the dearth of talent among up and coming Americans.

Was I too positive about Isner? Was I too hard on the American men?

I'd love to hear what you think.

thanks,
    don

Here are the two articles:

The Good News: The Dawn of "The Isner Era"

The Bad News: The Isner Era Will Soon Be A Solo Act

Being a Brit, it's not easy for me to comment on the state of tennis in the U.S. But it certainly seems like you've reached an all time low in the world rankings.

I don't see Isner winning a slam. I hope he's not just a flash in the pan, and that he can sustain his form and continue to improve.

Over the pond here in the UK we get a world-class player once every ten years. Now we have Murray. Before Murray we had Henman. Before Henman we had John Lloyd. That's three world class players in 30 years. (Rusedski was an import and the finished article when he defected Canada to play for us...so doesn't count). It's grim when you have just one player to cheer on.

I have only seen Ryan Harrison play once but he looks useful...maybe there's a glimmer of hope for you there.
    Stotty

Comment

you can not be serious

must say - there is lots of depth in the Brit tennis - - if you include the top 1000
      Ex Brit -
      Steven

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8144 users online. 3 members and 8141 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X