No announcement yet.

Nalbandian defaulted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just click on this pic of the bleeding umpire. and then the (argentine) goes on a rant about the atp, biting the hand that feeds him. Expect a very large fine for that combo! Bite the leg that feeds you and make sure that you draw some blood.
    Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 06-18-2012, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Best apology ever! “I am so sorry for my actions but I can’t control my actions.”

Comment

A kick is just a kick...but just remember this

It seems that David Nalbanian forgot where he was for a moment and misjudged the wooden structure that he drop kicked into the leg of the baseline linesman. It was sort of the heat of the moment but the only thing that I wonder is why did he pick that particular moment...was it solely because of the proximity of the inanimate object that he could lash out at. I think it may of been. Certainly he was in a pretty good position in the match with Marion Cilic and there didn't appear to be anything in particular that was bothering him, but for some reason he lashed out at the wooden base and accidentally injured the linesman in the leg. By the way, I don't think that the wound was really serious but it was more superficial in nature.

Sometimes in the heat of the moment we lash out. Maybe we say something to a loved one that momentarily collapse their world. Do we do it on purpose? Perhaps we do subconsciously at times. We are taking it on the chin most of the day, most of our lives at work, at play, in love. Sometimes it is just an instinctive reaction...we lash out and it is too late to take it back. We end up saying "I'm sorry"...Nalbanian ended up sort of complaining about the ATP a bit. More lashing out.

At any rate the match was replayed on Eurosport tonight and I sat through most of it just to catch the news flash of the day. Funny how the news media latches on to such spectacular moments. Nalbanian won the first set in a tie-break and on set point he captured the set when his shot caught the tape of the net almost flush and just barely dribbled over. Cilic secured an early break in the second but Nalbanian broke back for 3-3 on a break point on the Cilian serve...he dashed wide to his backhand side, fell flat on his ass, got back up to stay in the point while Marion collapsed a forehand into the net for the Nalbanian break.

In the next game Nalbanian lost his serve at 15 and he started to flip his racquet around...it seemed for no good reason in particular and the set was still up for grabs. It could be that he was just employing a bit of gamesmanship by acting up just a bit. Nothing crazy. Just a little flamboyance. No problem there. But with Cilic now up a break of serve somehow Nalbanian found himself close to the linesman that he ended up injuring with his sudden unexpected drop kick on the flimsy platform at the lineman's feet. He drew blood and the media went into a frenzy...David's kick went viral.

We all have to control our urges to lash out. Don't kick the dog. Hold you tongue with the wife. Control yourself when the kids have you at your wit's end. Most of all when you are in the media spotlight...make dead certain not to draw blood.
        Last edited by don_budge; 06-18-2012, 09:55 PM. Reason: for clarity's sake...
        don_budge
        Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Different view

I have a totally different view.

I live over here and many people I know went to the final...some stayed over in a hotel. They are really cheesed off. They spent a fortune on the tickets and the hotel...but saw an incomplete match. It was fine to punish Nalbandian, but don't punish the audience who have done absolutely nothing wrong other than spent good money to watch a world-class game of tennis.

Replace the linesman, carry on with the match, punish Nalbandian after the tournament by banning him from the upcoming Wimbledon. That's what my friends think...they're right...put yourself in their shoes.
          Stotty

Comment

MaYBE Nalbludgeonan can pay/refund their costs as a pr move.

Comment

That makes sense...

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
              I have a totally different view.

I live over here and many people I know went to the final...some stayed over in a hotel. They are really cheesed off. They spent a fortune on the tickets and the hotel...but saw an incomplete match. It was fine to punish Nalbandian, but don't punish the audience who have done absolutely nothing wrong other than spent good money to watch a world-class game of tennis.

Replace the linesman, carry on with the match, punish Nalbandian after the tournament by banning him from the upcoming Wimbledon. That's what my friends think...they're right...put yourself in their shoes.
              Excellent point!
              don_budge
              Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2300 users online. 7 members and 2293 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
              X