Need a little help from my friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a little help from my friends

One of my students is a 14 year-old boy who didn't quite qualify for the SoCal Zonals team. His sister is playing on the 12s team July 25 and I recommended the family take him along and find a good hitting lesson for him for a couple of hours a day rather than sending him to a tennis camp for the week. Now the problem is to find the right place in Tucson during Zonals that has available courts (I know they are using a lot of courts for Zonals) and a teaching pro who is still young enough and eager enough to do a couple of hours of a playing lesson for a few days or who has some good 16 or 18 year old juniors who are not playing anywhere that week (or a good college player) who would like to pick up some extra money for just practicing for a few days. I'm sure there are those people out there, but I don't know who they are.

If any of you can direct me to some pros in the Tucson area who can fill the bill, I would really appreciate it. They will be staying at the Hilton on North Oracle Road. Somewhere near there would be ideal. This is a great kid who likes to work hard and who plays pretty well; he just needs to get a little more consistent.

You can simply respond here or even send me a private message if you prefer.

thanks,
    don

Hi Don,

I happen to live in Tucson, and I know of a teaching pro that might be able to help you. He is the director of a small city run tennis center and the head teaching pro at another. I know he sometimes hits with kids in town for big tournaments. His name is Jay and his contact information can be found here.

http://fortlowelltennis.com/

Hope this helps,
    Blake

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by blake_b View Post
      Hi Don,

I happen to live in Tucson, and I know of a teaching pro that might be able to help you. He is the director of a small city run tennis center and the head teaching pro at another. I know he sometimes hits with kids in town for big tournaments. His name is Jay and his contact information can be found here.

http://fortlowelltennis.com/

Hope this helps,
      Blake
      Thanks, Blake. I was beginning to wonder if I would get a response at all. That will be very helpful.

don

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2843 users online. 7 members and 2836 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X