Interactive Forum July 2012: Serena Williams Backhand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interactive Forum July 2012: Serena Williams Backhand

Classic in its simplicity, with its straight backswing, mild grip change, bent/bent hitting arm structure and tremendous extension--it's Serena Williams two-hander.

Is this stroke an anachronism? *Or does it mean something that Serena won Wimbledon with it and may be playing as well or better than anytime in her career? *How and where does this technical style fit in the pro game and every other level?

Your thoughts please!

Quicktime version

Last edited by johnyandell; 08-18-2012, 08:32 AM.

Comment

She plays with a customized frame, very heavy swing weight, all gut, and is built like a line backer on roids. Form is not for everyone. She will be gone soon enough. These athletes who take peds (not saying she is one) don't care now that they will die of it in their mid fifties. Barry Bonds saw his father die at 57. Did that stop him? All the sprinters on the juice, and tons of tennis players. All they have to do to stop detections is add a molecule to the strand.
      Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 07-22-2012, 08:12 AM.

Comment

She switched to a hybrid

Originally posted by geoffwilliams View Post
        She plays with a customized frame, very heavy swing weight, all gut, and is built like a line backer on roids. Form is not for everyone. She will be gone soon enough. These athletes who take peds (not saying she is one) don't care now that they will die of it in their mid fifties. Barry Bonds saw his father die at 57. Did that stop him? All the sprinters on the juice, and tons of tennis players. All they have to do to stop detections is add a molecule to the strand.
        According to the Tennis Channel she witched LATELY to a hybrid of gut and poly
        following a suggestion of a friend

Comment

Have you seen her twerking video?

Comment

Bent/bent

Bent/bent is fine with me. It seems the most efficient and quickest of the configurations when it comes to getting the racket back under duress. It's strange how she seems to opt for an open stance on shots where a neutral or even a closed stance would seem the better option. She is incredibly at home with open stance, though, and her game doesn't seem to suffer from her overuse of it.

I think she is the best female player to have played the game, I really do.
            Stotty

Comment

Two forehands someday?

When I watch these two hand backhands and the manner in which they are hit today...there is one question that I always ask myself...where is that player who hits two forehands. The modern game is ready for this anomaly.

She can really twerk it...right geoffwilliams. But the question of PED's still persist...but she is quite a story in tandem with her sister Venus.

Papa Richard defied all of the odds. He made two cash cows. It is the rare child that pads the bank account rather than depleting it.
              Last edited by don_budge; 07-27-2012, 07:35 AM.
              don_budge
              Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2301 users online. 7 members and 2294 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
              X