X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Court Training: Part 2

Let's hear your thoughts on Mark Kovac's article "Oncourt Training: Part 2"

Again...really nice work!

Another nice presentation for some basic and important exercises...tennis specific for movement. Excellent! Excellent! Excellent!

Ideally...if you had for instance an hour and a half tennis program for some eager tennis players you could begin with a very thorough warm up in Part 1 and conclude with some gut busting in Part 2.

Do we have any more segments to look forward to? Personally I have been working relatively hard on Part 1 and I have found that a couple of injuries that have been nagging me are becoming more manageable. Achilles tendon, shoulder and hip issues among them. If my progress continues I think it may take a couple of years off of my birth certificate in the end. Pretty soon I will be 40 again!
    don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Great Video

Mark provides us with another great video. I love it. This is something all coaches/teachers can use. So happy we have these contributions to tennisplayer.net. Another reason I love this site.

moving on...

Honestly, am I the only one who held my breath and whose heart skipped a beat when that kid slid to the singles line on the "Turn and Go" drill? HAHA! Call me old school, but sliding on hard courts still terrifies me. Great that Mark told him not to slide.

This is such a useful and educational video. Some drills I've already been doing with my students, most are brand new that I will add to my repertoire , and all of these I will use with my students in Boca Raton.

Thanks,

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
      Boca Raton, Florida

Comment

Why no slidding?

Just a quick question to Mark about why the kid was told not to slide, is it just about injury prevention or something else?

Djokovic, Nadal and a few others are know to slide on hard courts, should this be seen as a deficiency or a new technique?

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2598 users online. 6 members and 2592 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X