Tennisplayer.net shout out during Federer/Wawrinka match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennisplayer.net shout out during Federer/Wawrinka match

Anyone here the commentary from Chris Fowler and Brad Gilbert speaking of Tennisplayer.net's article "The invisible World of Copoly strings revealed!"?

Great talk of John and his site. Fowler and Gilbert were geeking out to it.

Love seeing John's hard work brought out into the mainstream.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton, Florida

Federer vs. Djokovic...Preview?

Federer won that match by the way as did Djokovic over Del Potro in the other semifinal. Could this be a preview to the 2012 U. S. Open Championship final with Nadal being absent. Remember the semifinal clash back in 2010, when Djokovic slew The Once and Future King in full view of a spell bound Big Apple crowd? Only to be inaugurated himself...only to lose it back to Federer after Wimbledon this year. Just leave it to tennis to create a special drama in the course of years...in the course of history. Would that be too much to hope for?

Nice to see tennisplayer.net get some coverage. This months issue was won of the best as far as I am concerned since I joined. It is probably not such an easy job to present an original product month after month. In that respect alone the site is well worth the price of admission. A big thanks to the owner and his minions.

Personally I am biased to the side of the forum. A cozy little cyber home away from the reality based home.
    Last edited by don_budge; 08-18-2012, 11:25 PM. Reason: for clarity's sake...
    don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

the Fed Express...

Federer defeats Djokovic...6-0, 7-6. U. S. Open preview?
      don_budge

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
        Federer defeats Djokovic...6-0, 7-6. U. S. Open preview?
        I missed the game...what happened, don_budge? What's Fed doing different to win that match? Didn't look winnable for Fed on the evidence of the semis...Djovokic seemed back to his winning ways. I'll try and catch a replay somewhere...
        Stotty

Comment

When Federer is at his best, it appears he is just better than Novak. Fed has a better forehand, the prototype type 3 FH, the best forehand in tennis(with the possible exception of Nadal on clay), his 1st and 2nd serve is slightly better, and he volleys better. Novak has slightly better movement, and a slightly better(more consistent) backhand. Federer's slice backhand is clearly better than Novak's, though. The thing that really stands out to me is when they play, Fed's forehand is the biggest shot/biggest weapon on the court.

Comment

Stroke, I think the biggest difference is the serve.

Federer has a better all around game because he has a better serve, better volleys, and a bigger ground weapon with his forehand. Djokovic is steadier, moves better, and has a better backhand. If the points get long, he wins.

Federer played some pretty sweet tennis this tournament.

Comment

bman...stroke, I just wonder if Djokovic is having trouble settling himself to play the big matches. Since his stella year in 2011, he hasn't quite resumed the same form...well he has...but not when it counts. He's been nervy in the bigger matches. He didn't settle down in his semi at Wimbledon against Federer. He never really stepped up to the plate in the last three matches with Nadal.

Something is not quite right....
              Stotty

Comment

Igor Cetkovic is not with him anymore. He was injecting him with the scio machine daily, and accupunture, and psychological help. No longer, and Joker's energy is showing it. Energy flow is what this game is all about.

Comment

Thanks guys. Also showed the footage to Mary Carillo and she want to put together a tennis channel segment on it. David Bowie is the Tennisplayer role model...cutting edge and weird at the outset but eventually ready for the tonight show...

Comment

David Bowie

Sounds awesome John. Tennisplayer.net definitely worth prime time exposure.

Just promise you are not going to start dressing like Ziggy Stardust!

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                    Boca Raton
                    Last edited by klacr; 08-21-2012, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Nah more like his China Girl period. Sharp suits.

Comment

Nice John!

Short skinny microphone included.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_8IXx4tsus

All kidding aside, don't know if I should be genuinely happy that the ESPN Tennis crew is catching onto your site and information and sharing it with the world, or in a selfish way be upset that they are exposing the best kept secret in the tennis instruction world. What am I thinking, of course I'm happy for you and all the hard work you've done.

I am excited for the upcoming US Open and can't wait for these message boards to ignite with chatter, reminiscing, debating and the sharing of information.

Sincerely,

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                        Boca Raton

Comment

The Diamond Dog...David Bowie

Originally posted by klacr View Post
                          Nice John!

All kidding aside, don't know if I should be genuinely happy that the ESPN Tennis crew is catching onto your site and information and sharing it with the world, or in a selfish way be upset that they are exposing the best kept secret in the tennis instruction world.
                          Yea...I am like that too, klacr, aka Kyle LaCroix...when I find something that I truly love I want to keep it for myself. I feel so at home here at tennisplayer.net...I would hate to see it turn into another TennisWarehouse. I tend to be a little possessive like all passionate lunatics.

With the 2012 U. S. Open looming on the horizon...the skyline of New York silhouetting in the distance...thoughts of Federer, memories and ghosts of champions in the past...the greatest day of tennis ever according to Bud Collins. I remember attending the first Super Saturday in 1984 followed by an incoherent trek on the subway to the NYC Hard Rock Cafe. Dan Ackroyd was there and he appeared to be carrying something homemade...it looked like a bong. I jokingly asked him if I could have a hit...he laughed at me.

I was in the locker room when Johnny Bad Boy and Connors came in after their titanic five set struggle. It was after midnight and I had been there all day for the whole shebang...the entire enchilada. Both of them looked like they were lit up like Christmas trees and I wasn't even hallucinating that badly. I had seen Connors in the locker room before the match...he kept asking the big black dude that was his bodyguard who reminded me of an old dear friend named Jesse..."where's Patty? where's Patty?".

I passed Jack Nicholson and Cheryl Tiegs on the stairs...I was going down and they were coming up. Jack's eyes were milk white and he looked directly into mine...I was toasted nicely...but lucid and alert. He understood. My little sister, Linda, taped the whole day on VCR tape and gave it to me on Christmas for my gift. What a beautiful thing...there was good old Don Budge sitting in the champions section. I was light years away on the other side of the stadium...in another world, another planet. His wife Lori was at his side. I loved that man.

The Diamond Dog...we just purchased a Siberian Husky with championship lines from a breeder in Poland. I am a dog breeder now too...just to go along with our Arabian horse breeding. She has one blue eye and one brown just like David Bowie. I was thinking of naming her Sheba but after reading this thread I have been saying to myself over and over...Bowie, Bowie, Bowie. I wonder...is her name Bowie? Could she be "The Diamond Dog"?. The Best in Show? Is that a good name for a dog? A cutting edge bitch? We have a Czechoslovakian Wolf Dog named Dylan after Bob Dylan and an American Chocolate Lab named Frankie, after none other than Frank Sinatra...Old Blue Eyes. What do you think? Bowie? That's kind of cute...isn't it?

Still partial to Suffragette City...Oohhh wham bam thank you maam! I saw Bowie walking down the street one cool summer night in San Francisco. Let's see...I guess that it was 1971. I was just seventeen if you know what I mean. Panic in Detroit...he looked and acted a lot like Che Guevara.
                          Last edited by don_budge; 08-22-2012, 04:10 AM. Reason: for canine's sake...
                          don_budge

Comment

Bowie...

pastedGraphic.pdf

Let me introduce to you...they call her Bowie...The Diamond Dog...Bowie! Bow Wow!
                            Last edited by don_budge; 08-22-2012, 11:17 PM.
                            don_budge

Comment

Bowie, Iggy, and good taste

Originally posted by klacr View Post
                              Nice John!

Short skinny microphone included.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_8IXx4tsus

All kidding aside, don't know if I should be genuinely happy that the ESPN Tennis crew is catching onto your site and information and sharing it with the world, or in a selfish way be upset that they are exposing the best kept secret in the tennis instruction world. What am I thinking, of course I'm happy for you and all the hard work you've done.

I am excited for the upcoming US Open and can't wait for these message boards to ignite with chatter, reminiscing, debating and the sharing of information.

Sincerely,

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                              Boca Raton
                              I always preferred the original China Girl version by Iggy Pop. I prefer the rougher edges to Bowie's smoother version. The song was actually co-written by both men.

Bowie wrote much of the material he REALLY wanted to write through Iggy Pop. Choosing not to risk his own by then famous name on material he felt may not be successful. Bowie likes to be sure-footed. The work he did with Iggy Pop in Berlin was some of his greatest work. Deep down Bowie always wanted to be like Iggy...an artist true to himself who didn't give a damn. Bowie isn't like that. He's intelligent and calculating.

That said, Bowie is great...really great. I saw him twice live at Milton Keynes here in the UK. I also saw Iggy Pop perform here in England in the early eighties. Both shows were terrific.

My favourite album of Bowie's is Young Americans.

I must say I admire the record collection of don_budge which seems identical to my own. Good to see JY is a Bowie fan as are others.

Here's to good taste....
                              Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2746 users online. 3 members and 2743 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                              X