Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello Do Coaches here have any Statistics for Teaching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serving thread

Originally posted by klacr View Post
    Maybe I have seen it but don't remember it. I would love to take another look. I can totally geek out to that stuff.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton
    Kyle here it is:

You can watch the serve develop throughout the thread. Many in the forum chipped in with advice as you will see. It became a kind of work in progress. don_budge contributed a great deal...bottle got excited with it too, and tennis_chiro.

Above all it was great fun....
    Stotty

Comment

Great work

Yes, I remember this thread. Great work all the way through. I enjoyed all of it, well except for the Berdych comments by some...LOL. (Partial to Berdych)

G's serve has really progressed and it's great that some of the forum guys could help. Doug Eng's analysis at the end was a nice touch.

What's the latest on G. How's he doing? Is he still having fun?

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
      Boca Raton

Comment

thank you so much again great coaches

Great coaches thank you so much again.

mr. don, klarc, licensedcoach

all thank you...

I believe that when you have "Very solid" method and teaching can be very much fun. If you have a system which can make student improve fast then you can enjoy the teaching a lot more.

I believe many coaches make mistake that "if I can do it, you can do it right away" But it is truth that many coaches still like to teach way they play and that's pretty natural i think. I see aggressive coach tend to teach kids more aggressive, coach love to volley then i see him working on a lot of volley...

My swing is fairly modern swing. I hit open stance and lots of rotation with lots of spin. But I actually have to admit that other coach who teach more classical way.. I mean more forward and racket over the shoulder. Their students seem to get thing lot easier. I believe i might be tough for students to get rotation swing rather than forward swing.. am i right?

Comment

Great coaches Another important question to ask

I did ask previously but I do need to ask again this one.

Do you feel much easier for starter kids to get forward motion rather than rotation motion??

And I do want to ask hitting tennis ball with more forward motion is more effective than hitting with rotational? i mean i see majority of players do hit with rotational nowadays.

Please help thank you so much

Comment

Golf on the run...

Originally posted by tennislearningforlife View Post
            I did ask previously but I do need to ask again this one.

Do you feel much easier for starter kids to get forward motion rather than rotation motion??

And I do want to ask hitting tennis ball with more forward motion is more effective than hitting with rotational? i mean i see majority of players do hit with rotational nowadays.

Please help thank you so much
            Another great question...who is this guy? Good work...learningtennisforlife!

I like to see a lot of rotational motion...this is evidence that the player is in position to make the swing. Players that are in better position more often than their opponents are more than likely going to end up on the long end of the stick.

But of course the game is played on the run...as opposed to golf, so there is going to often be some forward motion that goes along with the compensating motions that are attributable to lack of perfect setup position. Forward motion is the kiss of death in a golf swing. The best players also make better compensating motions when they are out of position. Take Roger Federer for instance...get in position so that you can stay behind the ball when you swing.

You done me wrong baby...
            Last edited by don_budge; 09-26-2012, 11:45 PM.
            don_budge
            Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Thank you. very much again mr don

Thank you very much Mr Don

My question to you is that.. so from the start is it better to focus on more rational swing? or better to be more forward when player is starter player?

to me this is two different animal.

Thank you again
              Last edited by tennislearningforlife; 09-27-2012, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Sorry...I missed this question.

Originally posted by tennislearningforlife View Post
                Thank you very much Mr Don

My question to you is that.. so from the start is it better to focus on more rational swing? or better to be more forward when player is starter player?

to me this is two different animal.

Thank you again
                I missed this question somehow...not like me. I like nothing better than a good question...except maybe...but anyways this is a good question. It is one animal though...but the animal usually has a duplicate nature. It is the only animal to study himself in the mirror which gives you an idea just how duplicidness its nature can be. OK...it is two different animals. One good and one evil. Wait a minute...that wasn't your question, was it? I am promoting my thread on the mirror...hahaha.

I think that right from the beginning I am trying to begin the process of teaching the student elements of the rotational swing. But that being said...it seems that it is human nature to go forwards to meet the incoming object. Staying behind the ball while you swing such as accomplished by Roger Federer is a lifelong quest in most cases.

An interesting aspect of rotational vs. forward motion swings is the use of the wrist. The wrist behaves naturally as a hinge and works effectively solely when performed when swinging...and not hitting. It seems that the main objective of the rotational for all of its complexities is to get the wrist to behave in the simple and natural way it was intended to perform. Brian Gordon has written a couple of rather compelling epics to this regard. Proper footwork is another key aspect of attaining more rotational energy into the swing. The proper transfer of weight is necessary for any true understanding of the proper way to swing a tennis racquet. The proper way to swing is with the shoulders ROTATING around the head and neck and not surging forwards.

You begin with the objective of teaching the rotational as the end goal or product and accept that along the way you will be doing a lot of deprogramming of the impulsive forward motion...which includes a lot of inappropriate use of the wrist and faux pas footwork. Perhaps one could say that they begin to teach the rotational swing to offset the natural tendency to go forwards with the hope that the two diametrically opposed techniques will someday merge. A prerequisite to teaching rotational energy is getting the student to get themselves in proper position to begin their forwards motion. This in itself is a science...or a metaphysical challenge.
                Last edited by don_budge; 10-01-2012, 01:01 AM.
                don_budge

Comment

Thank you again mr Don

Thank you again mr Don learning great stuff from you everyday..
                  thank you...
                  Last edited by tennislearningforlife; 10-01-2012, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Thank you...for your astute questions

I read your response before you edited it. I agree with your conclusions. We may of gotten mixed up in the translations a bit. I agree with your golf analogies. We got a little confused about rotational and forward motion.

From my perspective I was using rotational from a golfers point of view...hitting from more or less a closed or neutral stance in order to achieve more rotational energy. The open stance stance seems to promote the illusion of creating this rotational energy. I was referring to forward motion as the player moves forward in a linear direction instead of staying behind the ball as an accomplished golfer or Roger Federer does. I hope that this clears up our misunderstanding...learningtennisforlife.

Your method of engagement is very admirable. Nice talking with you...I enjoyed it immensely. Great conversationalists ask even greater questions. I have learned a lot from you as well and what a pleasure to engage with someone who loves and respects their students as you do. Thank you.
                    Last edited by don_budge; 10-02-2012, 12:16 AM.
                    don_budge

Comment

Very inspirational thank you mr Don

Thank you very much Mr. Don. It is very inspirational to me and you have helped me so much. It is a very much frustration job since I do care very much about my students improvement. I have been teaching tennis quite sometime and it is embarrassing to say that i have not developed any great players Most coaches blame on student that they don't work hard enough but if you are teaching for while and working hard and not producing great player then I believe that it is coaches fault. I believe it is because i was forcing non-athletic players to teach way pro hits. Actually this kills students future.
                      I believe that if students start out right then I believe they enjoy the game more and more even they play once a week. Then they have more chance that they want to compete in higher level.

Actually I was bit surprised that you read my long post before I edited. And was glad you read and it you are agree with it. It gives more confidence.

Thank you very much. Hope this is not last conversation. I have more questions to ask. Just this never ends.

Thank you very much again.

Comment

Quick question--do anybody have pro swing from above?

Hello does anybody have pro swing and camera angle is from above?

I would like to see how pro hit from very top view.

And I could like to compare with Classic swing VS Modern swing.

I assume Federer has big circle and Sampras has more forward motion. I think we can see clear different from the top.. Does anybody have it?

thank you

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 4163 users online. 4 members and 4159 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                        X