www.vitualtennnisacademy.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• www.vitualtennnisacademy.com

I just read an article by Health Water who founded vitualtennisacademy about the forehand of the pro and he stated that the wrist is very important in generating power and topspin....which is a big myth ?????? Unbeliveable that he could open and run the website and take money from reader

Well, that's why we have the first amendment...we all get our opinion, right?

I have seen some of Heath's stuff and liked much of what I've seen--but yeah I'd have to say I disagree with him on this issue. He has done filmed a lot of video it appears, but not so far as I know, he's not done any high speed filming.

The wrist does move around in the strokes at various times. The high speed footage I think shows that this is passive in most all cases and not involved in the contact. That isn't so clear at 30 frames a second.

The pluses and minuses of tennis coaching right? A lot of opinions, a lot of creative teachers and things to try--and some more accurate and helpful than others...

Comment

Wrist in forehand

Seems to me that there no are absolute truths in tennis coaching. If the rotation speed of the racquet regarding the hand (obviously using the wrist) in less than the rotation speed of the hand regarding the trunk then you can not observe the use of the wrist. In other words (sorry for my english) when hitting a forehand, when you keep your wrist firm you are really pushing with your wrist, so there is an wrist action.

P.S. By the way, great site! and once again sorry for my english.

Comment

I got a short subscription to the site a while ago.

It was okay. It wasn't really worth it. A lot of the things I tried to absorb and learn didn't help too much, and many other experienced people said they were outright wrong.

The most major one being the wrist snap in Roddick's serve, instead of full pronation. Soon after trying slight wrist snap again, I found DECREASED results. When you're trying to snap the wrist instead of naturally pronating, I found I had to open up early in order to make clean contact, which sacrifices racquet head speed and often had my racquet faces just ending up on the same side of my body.

The stroke videos weren't too numerous, and weren't really high quality. I also found the majority of comments said by Heath to already be common knowledge, and didn't get many insights. On a side note, although unimportant, his voice was a little strange.

But a lot of it wasn't bad. It just wasn't great.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7971 users online. 1 members and 7970 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X