A footnote for licensedcoach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A footnote for licensedcoach

Janowicz played a major role in Poland's 3–2 Davis Cup win over Great Britain at Liverpool's Echo Arena. Janowicz defeated Daniel Evans (6–3, 6–3, 7–6) but lost to World No. 4 Andy Murray, 3–6, 4–6, 3–6.
    I believe it was in 2009
    Poland is ranked currently 38 on the Davis Cup.
    Last edited by julian1; 11-08-2012, 09:44 AM.

Originally posted by julian1 View Post
    Janowicz played a major role in Poland's 3–2 Davis Cup win over Great Britain at Liverpool's Echo Arena. Janowicz defeated Daniel Evans (6–3, 6–3, 7–6) but lost to World No. 4 Andy Murray, 3–6, 4–6, 3–6.
    I believe it was in 2009
    Poland is ranked currently 38 on the Davis Cup.
    Anyone can beat Daniel Evans. He's not a world-class player; don't think he's ever beaten anyone. GB are a one man team: Murray.

The Davis Cup is not what it was, Murray isn't overly keen and tries to get out of playing it at times.

Bill Tilden was right, it's too protracted...was in his day...still is now. Lets change it, change the time frame, change the format....could be a great event if someone has the courage to modify it.
    Stotty

Comment

The Andy's brother?

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
      Anyone can beat Daniel Evans. He's not a world-class player; don't think he's ever beaten anyone. GB are a one man team: Murray.

The Davis Cup is not what it was, Murray isn't overly keen and tries to get out of playing it at times.

Bill Tilden was right, it's too protracted...was in his day...still is now. Lets change it, change the time frame, change the format....could be a great event if someone has the courage to modify it.
      I do NOT understand why Andy cannot win doubles with his brother
      It would provide the third point

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8077 users online. 8 members and 8069 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X