Two handed backhand grip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two handed backhand grip

Is it wrong to hit the 2HBH with two semi-western/western forehand grips, so that they're basically mirrors of each other? This used to be my grip and I would have no trouble with high balls, but I switched to a more conventional lefty SW and righty continental and some of my high balls are going into the net as if I don't generate as much power as I think I will. Also, why would having the double forehand grips help with high balls, isn't the righty grip opening the face more, and doesn't a more closed face at default usually mean better at high balls?

Tsonga,

Right and wrong are big terms to throw around...conventional and unconventional more appropriate, probably, and that grip combo falls into the unconventional cartegory for sure.

In fact I have never seen anyone hit with it. As you may be aware there is an article in Advanced Tennis on the various hitting arm configurations for the 2 hander.

What you have would be heavily rear arm dominant with very little role for the front arm. It's very hard to answer though or even visualize the other questions without actually seeing video of the stroke.

The problems you describe could easily be related to more fundamental issues in the stroke. So why not post us some video?

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8159 users online. 24 members and 8135 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X