Grand Sam: Samantha Stosur’s Serve Motion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Sam: Samantha Stosur’s Serve Motion

Let us hear your thoughts on Tom Down's article "Grand Sam: Samantha Stosur’s Serve Motion"

Very glad I never had to practice in the juniors with Sam Stosur...beating up on male junior contemporaries I think was probably way better for her than the "opponents..."

Comment

No doubt that Sam has the best serve in women's tennis to me. I have heard some folks easy that Serena's is the best in women's tennis, but it is clear to me that Sam has way more action on her ball. I think the comparison with Pete was appropriate, particularly from a ball produced standpoint, but Sam certainly does not have the relaxed type motion of Pete or Roger. It is a very physical motion. It would be very interesting to see her speed/spin ratio on her 2nd serve vs Roger.

Comment

One possibly useful thing apparent in the video is the way her racket keeps working to outside right up to the instant that her upper arm becomes vertical, pointing at the sky.

Comment

Scapular Catapult

Holy mother of Bo Jangles! If Samantha Stosur's upper arm gets vertical just as her racket stops loading out to her right, then her contact with the ball must, of necessity, be with arm slanted to the front since time will have elapsed.

But elbow could still be flying toward the sky through the magic of scapular catapult.

This configuration of frozen contact could bear out Rod Cross's contention that hitting up back of the ball is physical impossibility at full extension-- a vast Australian conspiracy to hit forward aCROSS the top of the ball.

Last edited by bottle; 12-03-2012, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bottle View Post

This configuration of frozen contact could bear out Rod Cross's contention that hitting up back of the ball is physical impossibility at full extension

http://www.tennisplayer.net/members/...2012/november/
            At full extension, yes. Who would say otherwise?
            Stotty

Comment

Deluded persons.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8002 users online. 3 members and 7999 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
              X