Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quotes About Tennisplayer

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am looking for a few quotes from subscribers for possible use in our new TV ads for next year.

What are your thoughts about the site?

John Yandell

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am looking for a few quotes from subscribers for possible use in our new TV ads for next year.

John Yandell
    Can't wait to dream something nice up. How long? Ten words, twenty words, a paragraph?
    Stotty

Comment

I'd like to hear it all... I can always edit you for TV Stotty.

Comment

Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 12-04-2012, 09:25 AM.

Comment

OK I'll give this a shot:

When I found Tennisplayer a couple of years ago I couldn't believe it actually existed. It is absolutely the finest informational source about tennis in the world. And saying that doesn't really do it justice. It's literally too good. John Yandell has brought together every high quality tennis mind and given them free reign, something no other venue comes close to. I mean the difference is exponential.

It still stuns me how many people don't know it exists. I'm torn between spreading the word and keeping this phenomenal secret weapon to myself.
          If you want to understand tennis, if you want to learn tennis, if you want to play your best tennis, you have to subscribe to Tennisplayer. After how many ever years the quality is sustained and the new information and better and better video just keep coming. Does anyone really realize what the hell is in the Archives here?

Comment

Ladies and Gentlemen,

John Yandell
            I haven't used your site for several years and I assume I'm still a subscriber..
            so how do I receive the video on how to hit a slice backhand?

big marv I still have my identification information

Comment

big marv

I have not used your videos for several years. But I would like to start again.
              I assumeI have been paying for the service though not using it.

How do I go about receiving the videos I used to have access to?
              I would like to receive the video on the slice backhand,o.k.?

Comment

big marv

I have not used your videos for several years. But I would like to start again.
                I assume I have been paying for the service though not using it.

How do I go about receiving the videos I used to have access to?
                I would like to receive the video on the slice backhand,o.k.?

Comment

Marv,

You found your way to the forum. The whole site is open to you as a subscriber!

Click on the New Issue for the Nov Issue. Or any topic area. If you are looking for the recent article on the slice it's here!

Last edited by johnyandell; 11-25-2012, 08:42 PM.

Comment

My thoughts...about Tennisplayer.net

Feel free to edit for television...I guess that I got carried away. Again.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

John Yandell
                    One day several years ago, I googled "the Don Budge backhand" and lo and behold up popped the tennisplayer.net website. I had left and abandoned the game of tennis when I turned forty years of age. The legs were not what they used to be and worse yet...neither were the eyes. I went on a golf sojourn for thirteen years and never came up for air. Until one day, while I was by coincidence giving a tennis lesson to some French girl who was a kick boxer that I had met in a Swedish language class for foreigners. This lesson took place at my golf club on a couple of very run down tennis courts and a couple of gentlemen saw what I was doing. Word eventually got back to me that one of the local small tennis facilities was looking for a tennis trainer.

One thing led to another...and one day one of my more promising students named Gustaf decided between the two of us that he would switch from a two hand backhand to a one hand backhand. Being rather "old school" and having been out of the game for so many years I was looking for some images of his backhand so I googled "the Don Budge backhand" and the tennisplayer.net website appeared with a video of the legendary backhand. That was good enough for me...after looking around the site a bit I convinced my wife to shell out the bucks for a Christmas present for myself and this is what I got. I joined on the last day of the last decade as a matter of fact. I chose the user name don_budge without ever realizing that I would be using that moniker as a signature for my writing on the forum. I actually knew the real Don Budge many years ago as a young man from attending and working at his tennis camp.

The first thing that caught my eye on the website was the wealth of material from the old masters of the game. Being a true student of the game one must be educated in the history from the beginning in order to understand how the game has evolved and then engineered to what it is today. There was ample material to justify the logic that whosoever was behind the website was a true student of the game. That person turns out to be John Yandell who has made it his passion to connect the dots from the past to the present as exemplified in a video collection of strokes in a stroke archive that is rather impressive. Again...one of the things that drew my attention were some footage from some of the old masters along with virtually every well known modern player.

tennisplayer.net is a super research facility and a virtual library of tennis knowledge. Any seasoned tennis player is a sum total of his actual ability to produce strokes and tennis shots combined with the emotional control and the tactical acumen to execute them most effectively and efficiently. In my estimation, tennis is God's gift to mankind in terms of recreation for precisely this reason...it measures and challenges a person on physical, emotional and spiritual levels. The thing about the website is that it addresses all of these measurements in intimate detail throughout its contents. Just to take a look at the index on the left hand margin, is an indication of the variety of material and when you look a little closer and peruse the contents you cannot help to be impressed by its contents and impressed by the quality of the authors reputations in the tennis industry.

Which brings us to the monthly online magazine. On a monthly basis somehow the website manages to bring forth a handful of coaches or scientists or psychologist who hold forth on any and all tennis related subjects. The articles sometimes are just the beginning as members on the forum kick around the ideas in the articles back and forth until everyone is well and satisfied that they have gleaned every bit of information worthwhile from the actual article and the conversation that ensued as a result. Many times the authors themselves come back and weigh in on their own writings and the comments from the forum. It all adds up to chemistry and spontaneous revelations and ideas.

All of this is all well and good and well worth the money invested in a subscription but for me this is only the beginning. Two other aspects of the website mean everything to me personally and like all true valuable things in life there is no measure monetarily that you can assign to the website in this regard.

First of all there is this thing about the cyber social interaction with students and other coaches. tennisplayer.net has what I consider to be a first rate forum. Part of its excellence is due to the fact that it is exclusionary. The privacy that the subscription buys you is that not every Tom, Dick and Harry is babbling on with their two cents worth. The level of respect that members show each other is worthy of the "tennis etiquette" badge and the absence of typical online bickering is noticeably nonexistent. For the first year and a half of my membership I was unaware of the forum's existence but when I found it...it changed my life. Since becoming aware of the forum's existence I have found myself writing almost nonstop about the game that I loved as a boy and growing up into manhood...and into adulthood. It is a game for a lifetime.

On the forum I found a group of other guys who are an eclectic and imaginative group that share the same passion for the game of tennis and the game of life. The website forum has some of the feel of a drop-in pub sans the alcohol. Together we have sort of embarked on the creation of an international cyber neighborhood where we discuss everything under the sun...from technique to tactics...and sometimes it goes even a bit further. A lot further as a matter of fact. We discuss the metaphorical nature of the game and how it relates to life...and to love even. I guess we get a bit carried away at times...or perhaps I should say that I get a bit carried away at times. But it's all good...it's all about the love of the game and our fellow man.

Finally...there is a bonus that I cannot say that I have found in any other website. There is an artistic expression and an artistic sense of attitude throughout the presentation in the website in terms of the tennis. Some of it is set to music in some extremely beautiful and stunning music videos. There are some works in the music video category that should somehow find their way into the Louvre in Paris. At the highest levels of the game and in the manner that it is played there are players that transcend the mechanics and their performances can be critiqued as works of art. John Yandell has created a number of video and photographic expressions that few have done justice to in the past on this high of a level.

The website may not be for everyone...but it is for the true tennis_student and for the true tennis_coach. John Yandell has constructed a viable bridge from the days of yesterday when the clothes and balls were all white and the racquets were all wood to what we have today. I believe this...he helped me to traverse that bridge after my 15 year hiatus to golf...that other game in the Kingdom.
                    Last edited by don_budge; 11-27-2012, 11:25 AM. Reason: for clarity's sake...
                    don_budge
                    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8124 users online. 3 members and 8121 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                    X