Ferrero's forehand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferrero's forehand

What grip does Ferrero use on his forehand? Any idea where his hand is positioned? He seems to have such a big forehand when he is playing his best. Thanks.

KP

I saw Ferrero hitting with Verdazco in the Nasdaq-100 Open. Seems to me he uses a western grip and a lot of body rotation.

Comment

The terminology can be confusing and is less important than how the hand is positioned. It's definitely NOT western though. that would be both index knuckle and palm underneath. One of the reasons he can hit thru the ball so well is that his grip isn't that extreme.

Take a look at this--at also go yourself to the Stroke Archives and watch the other arm action clips. Ferrero has his index knuckle on bevel 4 and the heel pad between 3 and 4. That's more extreme than Agassi but less extreme than Roddick.

Comment

"Ferrero has his index knuckle on bevel 4 and the heel pad between 3 and 4. That's more extreme than Agassi but less extreme than Roddick."

John, according to the USPTA bevels, wouldn't this be considered a semi western grip?

Comment

Not sure--it's some version of that. Again there are too many variations to say just "semi-western." That's why I like the bevels.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7804 users online. 4 members and 7800 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X