Tour Portraits: Rafa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tour Portraits: Rafa

Did anyone like the Tour Portraits of Rafa as much as I did?

I Did!

I'm not the biggest Rafa fan but these pictures were great. My favorites were 2,5 and 6.

On picture 2 you see that famous straight arm forehand and the ball just a yellow blur. You can even see some of that ball fuzz in the air surrounding contact.

picture 5 you see that non dominant arm stretch across the body. Perfect.

Picture 6 you see that gorgeous moment of contact. Ball towards the hoop of the frame and the impact of the ball flattening out against the strings only to be sent back with viscious spin to the other end of the court.

Picture 9 deserves some honorable mention for that racquet drop. It always looks weird when I see a server in this position. Not because there is anything wrong with it but because the human eye so rarely gets a chance to see this moment captured in time.

very beautiful pictures. You can see the physicality in Nadal's game even in these still pics.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Comment

Number 17

I agree with Klacr. All the photos a great. My favourite is number 17. Don't ask me why, I just like it. Nadal looks totally disconnected for the three other men around him. I love abstract-style photos.
      Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
        I agree with Klacr. All the photos a great. My favourite is number 17. Don't ask me why, I just like it. Nadal looks totally disconnected for the three other men around him. I love abstract-style photos.
        Number 17 is amusing. Rafa is a visionary. Looking out into the future. Wondering what is in store for his career. What he has to do to get back to number 1. Looking forward to the clay court season. The three other men are in the present and following his lead. Looking to him for guidance, knowledge, wisdom...and probably a paycheck.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
        Boca Raton

Comment

I liked them. I was also very surprised at how strong Rafa was at that moment.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7782 users online. 11 members and 7771 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X