Grosjean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grosjean

A few questions. 1) what forehand grip does Grosjean use? He seems to be able to flatten out balls as well as anyone on the forehand, but seems to have quite a western type grip. 2) What forehand grip allows one to take the forehand earliest yet still swing extremely hard and penetrate with safety? Is it basically Agassi's grip or Federer's? What about Ferrero's? Is his too western to do the same as Agassi?

Not sure about Grosjean. We haven't put him up but have begun filming him. Basically the ball can be flattened out somewhat with any grip. It's just tougher the further underneath obviously.

If I were you I would be careful about making too many generalizations based on what you perceive one player can do, and then deciding he's the one you have to copy. I get this question a lot about whoever has looked good recently on TV... Yeah Grosjean has a great forehand, but I'm just not sure he's the model for anything--or put another way that you can't see everything you need to know from studying a range of players. Stillhe'd be good to have as well...

I'm not sure that any grip "let's you swing extremely hard and penetrate with safety". That's not a function of grip but also many other factors. And the term "swing extremely hard" is leading you in the wrong direction. It's about perfecting the positions in the swing and then experimenting with swing speed, spin, and trajectory. Not swinging as hard as you can and trying to figure out what else to do to make the ball go in...

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7778 users online. 2 members and 7776 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X