Open Stance Kerry Mitchell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Stance Kerry Mitchell

I have read this excellant article several times and have learned a lot from it. I think there is a mistake in the paragraph beginning, In reality which is just above the video of Marat Safin. Kerry says the left foot is the rear foot for a right handed forehand when it is the right foot.
    Mike

In a complete open stance position no foot is the rear foot because both feet are side by side -- right at 3 and left at 9 o'clock positions.

In an semi-open stance position, the right foot is the rear foot.

In a square stance position, the right foot is the rear foot.

I am just responding because your post was not responded by Kerry Mitechel. Regards,

Mahboob Khan, Pakistan

Comment

open stance

Tennisman1,
      It sounds like you found a mistake in the article. It should read that the right foot is the rear foot on a right handed forehand. That's what it said in the original, but somewhere in the process of editing and/or getting it to the web it was reversed.
      As for makhan67's response he is correct except for the first statement. Even in a completely open stance the right foot is the rear foot. The difference between the rear foot and the front foot is not necessarily where they land, but which foot a player sets up on first as he prepares to hit the shot and that is always the right foot on a right handed forehand.
      Hopefully John has corrected that in my article and thank you for notifying us.
      Thanks,
      Kerry.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3054 users online. 4 members and 3050 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X