On Publishing a Tennis Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Publishing a Tennis Book

Amazon Books, in a personal email, categorized me as a publisher yesterday. So maybe all the participants in this forum should send me their manuscripts. I'M KIDDING!!!!!!!

In a recent Tennis Player post, Doug Eng told me that both he and I may not like to self-promote but need to do it anyway.

My first step was to change the title of my new book from INTERNAL SLINGSHOT: THE KEY TO MODERN TENNIS to INNER SLINGSHOT: THE KEY TO MODERN TENNIS.

Why? The shrewdest among you, respected readers, already have the answer, knowing as you do that I live with Hope.

I once told Jim Kacian, USPTA, and now the foremost publisher of haiku poetry in the United States that I felt like rebelling against the book INNER TENNIS by Timothy Gallwey, to which Jim replied, "How can anybody rebel against a cloud?"

My second step was to start this thread.

My third step will be to place a description of my book with link to Amazon on my personal blog:

Click on the covers of three books of even size: A NEW YEAR'S SERVE, THE PURSE MAKER'S CLASP (novel), and THE LAST WORDS OF RICHARD HOLBROOKE, all part of the SPORT, FICTION AND INSANE WAR TRILOGY.

And I'm open to ideas and am willing to share any of my own which come largely from previous experience, e.g., I've had six New York agents.

I figure that all the contributors to this forum have considered writing a tennis book or may.
    Last edited by bottle; 01-06-2013, 06:38 AM.

I'm a Tennis Pro with an MS: How do I Get an Agent?

You've got to use your arm. And a heavy black umbrella, which has all kinds of sexual connotations. Agents like sexual connotations.

You're walking through Times Square. An agent, Nancy Kerrigan, comes walking the other way.

You hit her from behind, with a Federfore, in the knees.

When the police come, you explain that a stranger did it, Roger Federer, you think.

In appreciation of your sympathy, Nancy has already managed to admire the umbrella despite her personal incapacity.

So you accompany her to the emergency room and sit by her bedside for the next two months.

Comment

I just bought the book
      Not sure if I will be able to read it right away but it looks very interesting. I should be able to start it in a week or two.

David

Comment

You're the First

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

your welcome!

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8167 users online. 2 members and 8165 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X