Verdasco in action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verdasco in action

My son took this clip of Verdasco playing Robin Haase at Wimbledon last year. It's a stunner: Verdasco has hit good second serve to Haase who manages to get the ball back deep but right back to Verdasco. Look at all the micro steps Verdasco does to get set up for a ball that is coming straight to him. Knees bent, dynamic, wide base with the feet.

Most kids don't set up like this for easy balls because they don't feel they have to when balls are easy and coming straight at them. Think again kids...

Verdasco grips the racket higher up the handle than most pro's...you can clearly see this in the clip. The handle sits firmly and deeply in the palm of his hand when he hits those exquisite forehands. You have to witness it as close as I was (two rows back) when I watched this match to really understand it...but it's very much about the palm of the hand with Verdasco...his grip his perfect...the handle of the racket sits so perfectly against his palm. Most of you will think this is a nuts observation...but it's true...and a major factor with his forehand.
    Last edited by stotty; 01-06-2013, 02:57 PM.
    Stotty

Great video. Loving the detail.

Big fan of his forehand. Too bad his forehand is not getting him the results right now.

Hopefully he brings his 2009-2010 game back

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Comment

Verdasco

Thanks Klacr.

Yes, that 38 second clip is an education for young players all by itself.

I think Verdasco's forehand is one on the wonders of modern tennis. It's beautiful to watch from just a few rows back.

Overall, Verdasco has disappointed me a little. I thought he was going to be better than he turned out to be.
      Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
        Thanks Klacr.

Yes, that 38 second clip is an education for young players all by itself.

I think Verdasco's forehand is one on the wonders of modern tennis. It's beautiful to watch from just a few rows back.

Overall, Verdasco has disappointed me a little. I thought he was going to be better than he turned out to be.
        I think we all thought that Verdasco would have a bigger career than he has. That Match against Nadal in the semi-finals of the Australian Open was epic.

His forehand is marvelous to watch. IMHO.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
        Boca Raton

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3101 users online. 4 members and 3097 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X